Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Acknowledges 400 foot AGL Limit in Class G

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Acknowledges 400 foot AGL Limit in Class G

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 11:00 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Still around

Speedy is right. Someone by the name of “Exf3bguy” got me banned on RCG. While he says I got personal, I encourage you to ask who it was that posted a link to my personal home address and phone number on RCG. So I find his complaining about “making it personal” a bit hypocritical. But he didn’t get banned.

However. The bias at RCG is evident. I commit the heinous offense of being part of many off topic conversations and quoting“Exf3bguy”. He reports me and I get banned. Meanwhile, Exf3bguy posts a link to my personal info, home address, phone number and email - and RCG lets him keep his account. Not even close to fair and proportional, even when one puts people at physical risk (I had threats after his post). Yet he doesn’t get banned by RCG?????

Unfortunately, getting me banned from RCG will be a Pyrrhic victory. Lest Speedy try to convince you otherwise, I offer a major victory toward giving ALL hobby flyers choice: “and” is now an “or” in law. And I’m just getting started.

Now, thanks to exf3bguy, I have even more motivation to ensure ALL hobby flyers are treated equally under law and regulation. These efforts will hopefully free hobbyists from pledging fealty to “Taj-Muncie” and the need to make the annual contribution that does nothing but support incompetence and failure.

Last edited by franklin_m; 12-11-2019 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:16 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Since I've not heard anything good about that site, I don't see the point in going over to it.
That said, Speedy, since you disagree with my last post, why don't you tell me where I didn't tell the truth in it as I'd really like to know. On second thought, maybe I don't want to know since any time I say anything in any thread in this forum that might be even slightly hinting, intentionally or not, toward Franklin, you and his other detractors get all riled up.

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 12-11-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:07 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Speedy is right. Someone by the name of “Exf3bguy” got me banned on RCG. While he says I got personal, I encourage you to ask who it was that posted a link to my personal home address and phone number on RCG. So I find his complaining about “making it personal” a bit hypocritical. But he didn’t get banned.

However. The bias at RCG is evident. I commit the heinous offense of being part of many off topic conversations and quoting“Exf3bguy”. He reports me and I get banned. Meanwhile, Exf3bguy posts a link to my personal info, home address, phone number and email - and RCG lets him keep his account. Not even close to fair and proportional, even when one puts people at physical risk (I had threats after his post). Yet he doesn’t get banned by RCG?????

Unfortunately, getting me banned from RCG will be a Pyrrhic victory. Lest Speedy try to convince you otherwise, I offer a major victory toward giving ALL hobby flyers choice: “and” is now an “or” in law. And I’m just getting started.

Now, thanks to exf3bguy, I have even more motivation to ensure ALL hobby flyers are treated equally under law and regulation. These efforts will hopefully free hobbyists from pledging fealty to “Taj-Muncie” and the need to make the annual contribution that does nothing but support incompetence and failure.
I would like to see the post where someone posted up your personal information.
Old 12-11-2019, 05:49 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Lets leave the RCG drama on RCG.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2019, 07:29 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
On second thought, maybe I don't want to know since any time I say anything in any thread in this forum that might be even slightly hinting, intentionally or not, toward Franklin, you and his other detractors get all riled up.
Certainly cannot be any worse than his fan boys picking up the fife and drum every time someone disagrees with their leader LOL!!!!!!! Reminds me of the Minion cartoon LOL!!!!!! At least you guys are entertaining.

Last edited by Propworn; 12-11-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:00 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Lets leave the RCG drama on RCG.

Thanks
is that an order?

Someone made this personal by doxing me. In just the day or so that it was up, had threats sent to my personal email. This is serious Andy when an AMA member is so emotional that they’re putting people’s families at risk.

This doesn’t cast AMA members in a good light when there’s actions such as his, and then others collude to shut it down so there’s no discussion.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:38 AM
BarracudaHockey

As I'm sure you're well aware I was elected to the EC so I will not be moderating discussions in the AMA forums so as to not cause any appearance of impropriety.

Old 12-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by Propworn
Certainly cannot be any worse than his fan boys picking up the fife and drum every time someone disagrees with their leader LOL!!!!!!! Reminds me of the Minion cartoon LOL!!!!!! At least you guys are entertaining.
Every time the AMA put out an official statement, Franklin put out the official FAA documents that the AMA was trying to gloss over with their own spin. You couldn't effectively argue then and you can't argue now so don't bother trying. By the way, I don't play a fife or the drums and I deal with the FAA every day at work. Sounds to me like you're the one picking up the fife and drums for the sole purpose of causing trouble. Why don't you stay on your own side of the 49th parallel like a good Cannuck, A?

Old 12-11-2019, 01:38 PM
fliers1

As I'm sure you're well aware I was elected to the EC so I will not be moderating discussions in the AMA forums so as to not cause any appearance of impropriety.
So do you keep HQ up on what's on the minds of the posters here? Just curious. All and all, logically, there isn't much AMA nor anyone can do to stop the decline. If the FAA imposes ID and tests, it looks like members will bail and new blood will feel it's not worth the effort to join.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:47 PM
BarracudaHockey

Well, I haven't officially taken office until after the 1st of the year but yes I pay attention.

I'm disappointed in many of the changes, I've been in this hobby since i was 11, it inspired my own career in Naval aviation and it hurts my heart some of the goings on.

Unlike some, instead of complaining I decided to get involved
Old 12-11-2019, 02:01 PM
Hydro Junkie

Well, I haven't officially taken office until after the 1st of the year but yes I pay attention.

I'm disappointed in many of the changes, I've been in this hobby since i was 11, it inspired my own career in Naval aviation and it hurts my heart some of the goings on.

So, do you foresee any way to stop the financial bleeding and waste that has been a concern for many and, needless to say, one of the main reasons for my not wanting to join? As I see it, there needs to be a major overhaul in the system and, since I'm already neck deep in several other organizations, I'm not going to jump into another where I'd probably be ignored as an incompetent newcomer anyway
Old 12-11-2019, 02:15 PM
BarracudaHockey

The budget for next year was done by the current EC, I do know that my district budget is less than when I was temporarily on council 3 + years ago and I believe the HQ budgets, travel and that sort of thing are less than before. I also noticed that the January EC meeting is virtual so I would say spending cuts are being implemented but again, I don't have full visibility yet till I take over.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:20 PM
fliers1

I never complained about what's going on. I have been ready, willing and able to significantly help the hobby/sport and AMA for decades, but apparently those at HQ don't take my efforts seriously enough. But I won't give up and have a few irons in the fire. Just have to wait until flying season so they can connect the dots. I've posted here several times and it gets ignored. I'm pretty well used to it, but it doesn't help the cause whatsoever. I have more than hope that things will change for the better, but maybe not all that much better. I hope not, but I'm getting ready for the cynics and pessimist to jump in. What I say to them is, "this is my plan, what's yours?" lol

BTW, AMA's simulator trailer was at the Erie County Fair last summer and although I'm a Flight Leader Member, HQ didn't notify me. Randy Cameron told me about it a day late and he would've been ready to see a demo of what I have to offer.

Last edited by fliers1; 12-11-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by fliers1
I never complained about what's going on. I have been ready, willing and able to significantly help the hobby/sport and AMA for decades, but apparently those at HQ don't take my efforts seriously enough. But I won't give up and have a few irons in the fire. Just have to wait until flying season so they can connect the dots. I've posted here several times and it gets ignored. I'm pretty well used to it, but it doesn't help the cause whatsoever. I have more than hope that things will change for the better, but maybe not all that much better. I hope not, but I'm getting ready for the cynics and pessimist to jump in. What I say to them is, "this is my plan, what's yours?" lol

BTW, AMA's simulator trailer was at the Erie County Fair last summer and although I'm a Flight Leader Member, HQ didn't notify me. Randy Cameron told me about it a day late and he would've been ready to see a demo of what I have to offer.
Not being cynical, just making an observation. Seems like members not being told about things or being told after the fact is the norm rather than the exception. I'm hoping that having new blood in the mix will start to change things a bit
Old 12-12-2019, 04:01 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay Guys, as has already been mentioned, please leave the RC Groups debates over there and not on RCU. The AMA topics may be discussed in a civil manner with our elected and appointed Members here on RCU, without any personal attacks. Thanks Dave
Old 12-14-2019, 07:23 AM
Propworn

By the way, I don't play a fife or the drums and I deal with the FAA every day at work.
That's sad your not one of the talented ones then?????

Sounds to me like you're the one picking up the fife and drums for the sole purpose of causing trouble.
Naw a few of us at work are having a few laughs that's all. Been off work a few days that's why it took so long to reply to your post.

Why don't you stay on your own side of the 49th parallel like a good Cannuck, A?
Now why would I do that unlike you I am welcomed at clubs where ever I visit in the wonderful US. You remind me of something Groucho Marx said "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." LOL
By the way for your edification its not A its EH!!!! LOL

Last edited by Propworn; 12-14-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:55 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Franklin no emotion here my homeland flying is quite ok I’m just playing with you seeing if when there is a lack of others you are willing to argue with just about anyone about anything and somehow you will turn it to get a dig in or two about your old nemesis namely the AMA. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEwl_-EPtM4
That's sad your not one of the talented ones then?????

Naw a few of us at work are having a few laughs that's all. Been off work a few days that's why it took so long to reply to your post.

Now why would I do that unlike you I am welcomed at clubs where ever I visit in the wonderful US. You remind me of something Groucho Marx said "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." LOL
By the way for your edification its not A its EH!!!! LOL
Originally Posted by DavidAgar
Okay Guys, as has already been mentioned, please leave the RC Groups debates over there and not on RCU. The AMA topics may be discussed in a civil manner with our elected and appointed Members here on RCU, without any personal attacks. Thanks Dave
Hello Dave Agar , you have said there will be no personal attacks allowed , so can you please tell me and the rest of the board why this poster has been allowed to post trolling personal attacks against another RCU member (Franklin M) in this thread since the thread's very beginnings ? Yes sir I would like to see the thread's discussion be returned to the topic of the the AMA acknowledging the 400 foot AGL limit in class G airspace VS seeing it be about Dennis' personal grudge against Franklin , and if your now the one to do the moderating around here I think censuring Dennis' anti Franklin posts would be a great place to start . I want you to know that my post here isn't meant to be anything more than a request that ALL of the posters be required to maintain the decorum of people who are supposed to share an interest in the AMA and model aviation , and not holding every member , Dennis included , to the rules of RCU is a recipe for nothing but more off topic thread derailing bickering .

Thank You for reading this

Last edited by init4fun; 12-14-2019 at 08:01 AM. Reason: clarify my point ....
Old 12-14-2019, 08:45 AM
Propworn

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hello Dave Agar , you have said there will be no personal attacks allowed , so can you please tell me and the rest of the board why this poster has been allowed to post trolling personal attacks against another RCU member (Franklin M) in this thread since the thread's very beginnings ? Yes sir I would like to see the thread's discussion be returned to the topic of the the AMA acknowledging the 400 foot AGL limit in class G airspace VS seeing it be about Dennis' personal grudge against Franklin , and if your now the one to do the moderating around here I think censuring Dennis' anti Franklin posts would be a great place to start . I want you to know that my post here isn't meant to be anything more than a request that ALL of the posters be required to maintain the decorum of people who are supposed to share an interest in the AMA and model aviation , and not holding every member , Dennis included , to the rules of RCU is a recipe for nothing but more off topic thread derailing bickering .

Thank You for reading this
Nothing disparaging about anyone simply an observation. When someone disagrees with Franklin the fan boys all jump to his defense, I am certain that Franklin the wordsmith he is can fend for himself without help.

Being told by someone who is not even an AMA member to stay on my side of the boarder deserves a response that unlike the poster I am welcomed at clubs throughout the US and am appreciative of that privilege

Franklin was asked to leave RCG on RCG and not bring it to RCUniverse and in his reply he made sure to get his dig in about the AMA.
His quote is as follows:

“Is that an order?
Someone made this personal by doxing me. In just the day or so that it was up, had threats sent to my personal email. This is serious Andy when an AMA member is so emotional that they’re putting people’s families at risk.”
This doesn’t cast AMA members in a good light when there’s actions such as his, and then others collude to shut it down so there’s no discussion.”

Why does it reflect on anyone other than the parties involved? Even after being told to leave it alone he made sure to get the last word in again even though no one on this forum had anything to do with his problems on RCG. He posted it here because he has had his privileges removed on RCG. You don’t mention anything about Franklins problems on RCG have nothing to do with the topic on hand here on RCUniverse.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:01 AM
speedracerntrixie

I'm sort of wondering how one member can openly discriminate against another based on nationality.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:10 AM
init4fun

Nothing disparaging about anyone simply an observation. When someone disagrees with Franklin the fan boys all jump to his defense, I am certain that Franklin the wordsmith he is can fend for himself without help.

Being told by someone who is not even an AMA member to stay on my side of the boarder deserves a response that unlike the poster I am welcomed at clubs throughout the US and am appreciative of that privilege

Franklin was asked to leave RCG on RCG and not bring it to RCUniverse and in his reply he made sure to get his dig in about the AMA.
His quote is as follows:

“Is that an order?
Someone made this personal by doxing me. In just the day or so that it was up, had threats sent to my personal email. This is serious Andy when an AMA member is so emotional that they’re putting people’s families at risk.”
This doesn’t cast AMA members in a good light when there’s actions such as his, and then others collude to shut it down so there’s no discussion.”

Why does it reflect on anyone other than the parties involved? Even after being told to leave it alone he made sure to get the last word in again even though no one on this forum had anything to do with his problems on RCG. He posted it here because he has had his privileges removed on RCG. You don’t mention anything about Franklins problems on RCG have nothing to do with the topic on hand here on RCUniverse.
Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
We will just have to agree to disagree on that. I suspect that he will be here again pretty soon. He was just suspended on RCG and had his account flagged as a troll account. He started getting very personal over there and the mods nailed him for it. Appowner also showed up there with a couple different screen names and was also promptly suspended.
Dennis , it appears that the subject of Franklin's departure from RCG was not brought up by Franklin himself , but was instead brought up by someone other than him . Would you not feel compelled to respond if you were mentioned in a thread , such as you have responded here to my pointing out that your posts here have been counterproductive to the topic of the AMA's acknowledgement of the 400 foot limit ? I'm no fanboy or minion of anyone but the pattern here is plainly obvious , Franklin posts what he sees as AMA shortcomings and you come along and attack him for it . You simply can't believe that after you attack someone on line that they won't try to defend themselves , do you ? Attacking the subject of Franklin's posts is worlds away from what you do , which is to attack the man directly , and the thread subject ends up lost in the shuffle just as we've seen here .

I am going to agree with this part of what you said , NO ONE should be posting off topic personal attacks , but you know as well as I do that when you post stuff like "fanboy" and "minion" comments in response to Franklin posting unsavory views of AMA operations it's you that's gone off course and have started the discord .

Now show me I'm wrong , and post up your feelings on the AMA's acknowledgement of the 400 foot limit in class G airspace instead to trying to defend your disdain for the originator of the thread , and I'll believe your here for a serious discussion about the AMA VS being here to troll Franklin ....
Old 12-14-2019, 09:29 AM
init4fun

Gee if the information needs to be updated and is not correct then the prudent thing to do is remove it. 24 hours to make sure the info that will be posted is correct is in fact pretty darn reasonable.

Boy you really are stretching and grasping at straws if this is the best you can do to prop up your conspiracy theories. No wonder they tend to ignore you. I can see it now "You reply to him." "No I did last time". "Lets get Mikey to do it" "Naw lets give it to the ground crew" LOL

You've probably made it to the level of office entertainment and your emails a passed around seeing who's turn it is to ignore you LOL
I'm sort of wondering how one member can openly discriminate against another based on nationality.
Hi Speed , Unfortunately when the member of a different nationality posts up this as his opening post to the thread's originator , it becomes sadly obvious where the following commentary is going , and we both know "have a nice day" ain't gonna figure into it one bit . The man throws his barbs and starts the conflict with his first post addressing Franklin right there in the post I've quoted above , do you really think that's gonna be seen as friendliness to be returned ?
Old 12-14-2019, 09:36 AM
init4fun

Now , I'm just curious , IS there anyone here who wants to talk about the AMA's acknowledgement of the 400 foot limit , now that the subject of the thread's originator has been beaten pretty much to death ?
Old 12-14-2019, 01:26 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Speed , Unfortunately when the member of a different nationality posts up this as his opening post to the thread's originator , it becomes sadly obvious where the following commentary is going , and we both know "have a nice day" ain't gonna figure into it one bit . The man throws his barbs and starts the conflict with his first post addressing Franklin right there in the post I've quoted above , do you really think that's gonna be seen as friendliness to be returned ?

I can certainly understand where you are coming from. I will agree that we all are guilty of such behavior including myself. You have to ask at some point what is The catalyst? I have seen most guys who post up in the AMA forum post in other forums without issue. There have even been times where Hydro and I have been in the same forum outside of this one and not had a conflict. Since we all tend to enjoy the hobby in slightly different ways it should be no surprise that we will have different opinions of the value of AMA. The fact is that I agree with Franklin on some certain points concerning the AMA's performance. What I do not agree with is his tactics toward anyone who will not " fall in " with his crusade. I do not agree with the way he communicates with guys who offer different opinions. As a Commsnder in the Navy he was taught certain skills to manipulate his subordinates to follow orders in spite of personal opinion. He tends to use that communication style in the forums. The fact that he feels the need to have his military career listed with his avitar in the forums should give a clue to how he expects special treatment.

The bottom line is that as human beings we tend to return the level of kindness shown to us. The question remaining is how much kindness has Franklin shown others? Does he show a diffent level of kindness towards guys who don't agree with him? Perhaps if he wants to be shown more kindness he should express some himself. If he wants us to respect his knowledge and experience then maybe he should show the same. IMO Franklin has not gotten any worse treatment then what he has given others.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:09 PM
franklin_m

I can certainly understand where you are coming from. I will agree that we all are guilty of such behavior including myself. You have to ask at some point what is The catalyst? I have seen most guys who post up in the AMA forum post in other forums without issue. There have even been times where Hydro and I have been in the same forum outside of this one and not had a conflict. Since we all tend to enjoy the hobby in slightly different ways it should be no surprise that we will have different opinions of the value of AMA. The fact is that I agree with Franklin on some certain points concerning the AMA's performance. What I do not agree with is his tactics toward anyone who will not " fall in " with his crusade. I do not agree with the way he communicates with guys who offer different opinions. As a Commsnder in the Navy he was taught certain skills to manipulate his subordinates to follow orders in spite of personal opinion. He tends to use that communication style in the forums. The fact that he feels the need to have his military career listed with his avitar in the forums should give a clue to how he expects special treatment.

The bottom line is that as human beings we tend to return the level of kindness shown to us. The question remaining is how much kindness has Franklin shown others? Does he show a diffent level of kindness towards guys who don't agree with him? Perhaps if he wants to be shown more kindness he should express some himself. If he wants us to respect his knowledge and experience then maybe he should show the same. IMO Franklin has not gotten any worse treatment then what he has given others.
And yet I nor nobody else worked to have you banned, here or elsewhere. But that’s the approach you took. Fine. I hope in the end you think it was worth it.

I cannot help but note that AMA is moving toward all of my predictions.

Testing. I said it would happen and no waivers for AMA. Despite earlier hints at working waivers for members, recent blog posts show them managing expectations as to the test - saying “may be required for CBO designation.” Darned if I wasn’t right.

Their “Flight Plan” indicates collecting safety data to become more “credible.” Gee, where have we heard that before? Right again.

I’ve said they will have to slash spending. Others said they’re fine. Noted that also in “Flight Plan” they talk about cross training staff. That’s preparing for staff cuts. Which they all but admitted in recent EC minutes posted elsewhere. Darn. Right again.

Class G 400. I said it wasn’t going to happen anytime soon, and if then not only for CBO. Still early, but can’t help but notice they’re shaping expectations already about 700 feet etc someday. Correct again.

But rather than hear truth, supported by facts and data, others pursued bans to shut down discourse. While the above is yet another veiled attempt to disparage my military background - comment about “manipulating” to do what I said - it’s yet another personal swipe that’s allowed. Why? Because it comes from an AMA acolyte.

Whatever. I’ve been far more effective working directly with government and regulators. AMA is dying, and while some see AMA and the hobby as joined at the hip, that it can’t survive without them, I do not. I will continue to work with government to pursue equal privileges for all hobby flyers w/o any real or perceived need to join AMA.

It wasn’t emotional for me before the ban, Speedy made it so now. Which provides ample incentive to spend far more time working formally with local and federal agencies more than I ever would have before. Speedy poked the tiger for a short term gain. When I’m done, I hope he thinks it was worth it.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:13 PM
speedracerntrixie

On second thought, I'm not going to engage you on this topic. The RCU moderation have asked us to keep the activities of RCG off this site. You can keep posting off topic against their request if you want but I'm not going to.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 12-14-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.