Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Battery charging nightmares

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 09:33 AM
jojoegen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery charging nightmares

Hi, I am a total newbie at this new technology for chargers. I have tried to learn, but everybody has charges they think are the greatest and now I need to know first of all, I am looking for the easiest and most automatic charger /discharger Cycling for NIMH batteries. My batteries are fairly new and I’ve never been cycled and I’ve had some problems. Something that I can put on automatic and it will charge and discharge a number of times automatically without worry. I have nightmares about trying to discover the answer. If I had a pole from people, it would be appreciated. I’ve been looking at the. tenergy but of course, there are people with pros and cons. I don’t understand any of them. Can you help me in knowing which is the best for me especially when I don’t use anything else but NIMH, which doesn’t mean I might not change to Lipo’s, but I doubt it, I need something that easy to do for my boat. It uses the ESS sound machine which I intend to use individually and I have two 7 cell NIMH batteries 8.4 V humpback wired in parallel for a longer running time. I have a 200o MAH 7.2 V SC, whatever that means from Horizon, hobby, and none of these have been cycled. Can anyone lead me to a good battery charger that is as automatic as possible? I know nothing about impedance or anything else. Please help me find a great charger and maybe one that will charge two batteries at the same time. Please help.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:39 AM
LLRCFlyer

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Since you are only charging NIMH batteries, the Hobbico Accu-Cycle would work just fine for your purposes. They have been discontinued for some time, but are available used on eBay for 25 -30 dollars for the older version. It was designed for transmitter battery packs of 6, 7 and 8 cells and for flight packs of 1, 4 or 5 cells of either ni-cad or NIMH. There were several versions of the Accu-Cycle. The newer Elite version is more complicated. The version that you want looks like the discontinued one shown in the following URL. https://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/hca/hcahcap0260.htm

Last edited by LLRCFlyer; 04-18-2024 at 10:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
wruggiero (04-18-2024)