Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Multiplex EasyCub with alierons & flaps - perfect for beginners and advanced pilots

Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Multiplex EasyCub with alierons & flaps - perfect for beginners and advanced pilots

Old 03-19-2009, 08:01 AM
FreeStyle07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex EasyCub with alierons & flaps - perfect for beginners and advanced pilots

Hello,

I have seen that there is not much coverage about the Multiplex EasyCub. This is a fantastic, low cost and good quality beginner Elapor plane and can easily been modified once you are progressing with your flying skills. After a few flights I added ailerons and flaps and I also changed the V-angle of the wings to about 2°.

Here is a collection of photos and videos with starts, fly-by's and landings:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au6jP_Qr5ng[/youtube]

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:29 AM
tam popo

Default RE: Multiplex EasyCub with alierons & flaps - perfect for beginners and advanced pilots

FreeStyle - thats a nice plane and video - good mods as well!! Does the 2 degrees wing incidence extra make a difference? I've had trouble with 'lift' on my EZCub and this might improve it. How did you increase it?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:31 AM
tam popo

Default RE: Multiplex EasyCub with alierons & flaps - perfect for beginners and advanced pilots

FreeStyle - thats a nice plane and video - good mods as well!! Does the 2 degrees wing incidence extra make a difference? I've had trouble with 'lift' on my EZCub and this might improve it. How did you increase it?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:35 AM
tam popo

Here's my 'stock' EZCub - 250W Keda motor, 2200 or 3000 2S lipo, Futaba 3003 (big, heavy) for elevator and 9grm HXT for rudder. DX6i and AR6200. A good flyer but twitchy on take off - 50 minutes longest flight!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rd42480.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	1164112  
Old 03-23-2009, 07:54 AM
tam popo

Here's a link to my build page and info from some other guys.....enjoy!!!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_76...tm.htm#7630933
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 AM
FreeStyle07

Hi tam popo,

Thanks for the compliment. Take-off and landing are very smooth and it doesn't swing around the longitudinal axis as often seen in videos. I don't have an a scientific answer, but I guess the strong V-Form is partially responsible for that. I tested the model in the original set-up but never with ailerons and V-Form, since I made all modifications at once.

I modified the V-Form like this:

1. I glued the wings together to have a solid centre piece for fixing the wings later. Then I cut the wings beside the centre part including the tubes.
2. Extend the inner side of the tube by drilling 8mm (red section). With this you can control the future angle of the wings.
3. Take two 6 mm carbon bars (short / long) and push them through the extended whole. Put the wings on them and glue everything together. I was modelling the gab between the wings and the centre part with 30 minute Epoxy.

All in all about 60 to 90 minutes of work plus drying and painting. Really fun to fly with excellent control.
Best if you mix rudder to ailerons.

Here is another picture that illustrates the concept:

Old 03-24-2009, 05:49 AM
tam popo

Freestyle - thats a brilliant diagram, very easy to understand (even for me!!). I'll take a look and see whats involved and might just do it....thanks pal!!