Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Kit fix

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 06:13 PM
steelrfan85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kit fix

I am wondering if anybody knows how to patch holes up on the body or if I have to replace the body. I bought a Camaro police car and the light bar was placed too far forward so I relocated it into a more accurate position. Now I have 4 holes where the screws held the light bar in. Any suggestions? The top is white.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:01 PM
vinmansbrew

Oof, well I guess it depends on how nice you want it too look. You might be able to find a plastic welding kit and fill the holes. You might get some abs plastic, as the body is likely abs, and use abs glue. Cut pieces and stick them to the underside and fill the dips that are left. You could do it quick and dirty and just use stickers.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:01 PM
mugeyman

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hi steelrfan , well you can cut a piece of clear plastic paint the plastic white let it dry than go buy some shoegoo at walmart or hardware store than glue it in on the underside of roof the stuff works great
to fix lexan bodies for 1/8 scale racing when ii gets ripped , a plastic pepsi or coke bottle will work too , hope i helped ok mugey
Old 01-18-2018, 09:25 AM
steelrfan85

Default Kit fix

any idea where I could buy some and how thick the plastic should be? I don’t want to spend a lot of money.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:24 PM
mugeyman

hi steelrfan85 , you can cut out plastic from side of 2 liter bottle of coke or pepsi and use that with the shoe goo to fix your camaro ok later mugey
Old 01-19-2018, 11:17 AM
steelrfan85

Default Kit fix

inam going to guess the plastic would go on the under body but is there anyway to patch the holes from the top since the hole would still be there even with the plastic under?
Old 01-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Igottabeme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you just do not want holes in the roof why not just get screws or bolts to fill in the holes with nuts underneath holding them in as a filler. Paint the bolt or screw heads white to look a little better.

Last edited by Igottabeme; 01-19-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:27 PM
mugeyman

steelrfan , yes plastic under the roof and you could make patch cut out plastic pieces for the outside of roof ok mugey