Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

3D Printed Xicoy ECU Holder

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

3D Printed Xicoy ECU Holder

Old 01-19-2018, 04:07 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 3D Printed Xicoy ECU Holder

I was wondering if anyone has a place where I can get a file for a 3D printed Xicoy V10 ecu holder. That little plastic case is not the most durable, so I would like to put it in some kind of holder. Please if you know where to get one please let me know.

Patrick
Old 01-22-2018, 05:04 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Getting my first 3d printer, so interested in the model file also if available.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:22 AM
sirrom

Edgar,
I think I am going to have to design my own. Doesn't look like there is one out there to be had.

Patrick
Old 01-22-2018, 07:30 AM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Hello Patrick,
If you like, I can look at designing one up for you. I do not have that ECU type though. If interested, you can send your info to my email: [email protected] . It would be good to have a pic to see how/where the connectors are located, and the case basic dimensions... I'm assuming there is a reason why a simple Velcro double-stick on the back won't do?...
Old 01-22-2018, 01:08 PM
sirrom

Ron,
going to give it a shot in sketchup and see how I do. The problem with the ECU is that I used a good quality velcro and when I went to remove the ecu from the plane the little plastic box literally came apart because the velcro was doing it's job. I was able to put it back together and put some electrical tape around the perimeter so it won't pull apart so easily, but thought 1. I would feel better if I could put it in a mount that secured in the plane, and 2. something I could easily get it out of so that I didn't accidentally separate the case. Now it's just a matter of ....Lets see if I can do this. Should not be too hard to do.

Patrick
Old 07-12-2018, 09:31 AM
sirrom

I know it has been awhile but finally got this done. I want to say thank you to Peter Wakefield for providing the original file which was very close to what I wanted. In the pictures it is the one in gray. It holds the ecu very firmly and doesn't require the use of screws to hold the ecu in the holder. I wanted to have it hard mounted to airframe so I modified his design to be a bit larger with screw holes to hard mount it instead of using velcro. I have attached pictures of both and one with the ecu installed. I have to contact Peter and ask him if it would be ok to put his file and my file on thingiverse.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:59 PM
FlorianDo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carlos at CM Jets sells them ready to go, small, light, and many colors to choose from, postage may be prohibitive, but if you´re buying your tank there anyway, then it´s a no-brainer..
Old 07-13-2018, 09:04 AM
sirrom

Default ECU holder

Originally Posted by FlorianDo
Carlos at CM Jets sells them ready to go, small, light, and many colors to choose from, postage may be prohibitive, but if you´re buying your tank there anyway, then it´s a no-brainer..
Yes, but there is a certain satisfaction in doing it yourself. I am not a wizard at design software, but I was able to figure out how to get it done and print my own part. Also if a friend or two needs them I can print them quickly for them and just hand it to them and charge them the .45 in material it costs to make, wait....make it a 1.00 to include electricity.
Patrick
Old 07-14-2018, 12:03 AM
FlorianDo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sirrom
Yes, but there is a certain satisfaction in doing it yourself. I am not a wizard at design software, but I was able to figure out how to get it done and print my own part. Also if a friend or two needs them I can print them quickly for them and just hand it to them and charge them the .45 in material it costs to make, wait....make it a 1.00 to include electricity.
Patrick
Off course, I understand the fun of doing it yourself, working on a scratch built Balsa plane myself, and designed the wing structure myself.. just wanted to let know folks who are looking for something ready that there are ready solutions also out there. Enjoy your project! :-)