Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Why Futaba does not offer BNF?????

Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Why Futaba does not offer BNF?????

There is an obvious philosophy difference in product if one is trying to decide between the Anylink and the Spektrum line up.
Anylink is a handy way of adapting existing equipment - with a shorter range (read that smaller RTF stuff) model.
The Spektrum lineup is simply, far more diverse .
With the advent of the AS3X systems now offered by Spektrum - the capabilities become even more diverse .
Both setups work - getting a good signal to the model is a given -done according to directions .
Short of others adopting the Spektrum innovations - the systems will apparantly become even more diverse.
That's what I see -
Old 02-16-2013, 11:56 AM
ncsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I would post in this thread.

Any word on the Futaba Transmitter Ready (FTR) models in the US? I know they have some in the UK via the Ripmax dealer.

FTR is listed on the Futaba website, but nothing other than what it means

Thanks

Old 02-17-2013, 05:32 PM
frivera12

Here's a video of my F-86 with the Anylink........
Old 01-19-2018, 02:08 PM
KrashMaster

Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer
Nowhere near all of the PZ products are available PnP. Most that are not are not easily convertable and even if they are, it is probably not cost justifiable to do so.

Like many others here, I bought a DX6i just for my BnF PZ stuff. Hated to but it was the only practical answer. I bought the PnP T28D and 300 simply because I wanted them on my 14MZ for programming reasons and because I try to keep my bigger stuff on the Futaba.

It's Great Planes (I know. It's all the same.) that's missing the boat here. PZ is driving people to JR and/or Spektrum simply because of the availability of their BnF and RTF stuff. It's really a brilliant marketing ploy and they should be applauded for it. What's really amazing is that GP/Futaba can't seem to see the forest for the trees. As far as I know, they don't even OFFER any BnF or RTF stuff. It's not like they don't have the planes that they could do it with.

I love the hobby and I got out a few years ago for a while simply because I don't have time to build anymore. Even ARFs became a problem with time. I build good and I certainly enjoy it but I just don't have the luxury of the time anymore. I think this is the case with a lot of folks these days and I applaud Horizon for recognizing this growing segment of the hobby. A lot of the reason I got involved again at all was because I started reading about all the great BnF and PnP stuff PZ was putting out. I jumped back in with both feet. It's really a shame. Great Planes has a bunch of great models I drool for but just don't have the time to build so I'll probably never own most of them unless it's second-hand.

Great Planes is really missing the boat here IMHO. Their entire marketing staff, if they even have one, should be fired and replaced.

Maybe one day. One can dream.
I agree What I see in here is a Product rep making excuses as to why they wont accept input from their customers.
Granted there is a channel assignment issue that even orange solved with a programmable flash dongle.
Some Bind and Fly gizmos have a soldered in receiver like the nano planes and such. We just want to take a BNF pull it out of the box turn on our FUTABA and fly off. Is that too much to ask. Geesh. Talking the customer out of what he wants is not a good plan. Oh ya, Why not a Bluetooth module too, there's an idea. Sorry for the abrasiveness but answering questions with a question is of the upmost annoyance.

Last edited by KrashMaster; 01-19-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:09 AM
JohnS

Default Hobbico doesn't show signs of helping in this dillema

This was an old thread.....2018 is here.......and we are all still waiting for some compatibility for us Futaba transmitter guys with Spektrum (horizon). I fly a Futaba 7C and it does all the things I want. It is not module compatible. Should I go out and buy the new $700 Futaba transmitter, nice, but has alot of stuff I just don't need. Don't think that will happen. Will Hobbico be doing anything that is novel.......I don't think so since they have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. And Tower Hobbies is out-of-stock on so many items, probably because suppliers are not filling orders until they get paid.

I like alot of the Horizon planes with all the gyros and cool stuff built right into their receivers. The little planes that I see guys flying in the wind........all possible because of all the gyros built into the planes. One of their receivers can be set up with gyro gains to make pattern planes and sport planes better (not for pattern competition though).

So, the way I see it, I probably will bite the bullet and buy a Spektrum transmtter to avail myself of the cool planes that Horizon markets. Easiest way to do it.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:55 AM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed. I have been flying Futaba forever. I currently have a $1500 12Z I bought when they came out. As I research what I should buy for also flying drones, I find that Spectrum not only fits the bill it also has features that leave Futaba in the dust. Futaba had dominance in the market and my guess is they became complacent - and are being left behind by Spectrum as well as the stuff coming out of China.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:45 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont understand the hoopla here just go out and get you a new Futaba RX that matches your tx bind it hook up your servos and go fly! The problem with this idea is you don't get allways get the best equipment for your application. I just recently got 3 rxs for less than what I would pay brand new and they all binded to my tx! Michael Johnston
Old 02-15-2018, 06:35 PM
KrashMaster

Originally Posted by mkjohnston
I dont understand the hoopla here just go out and get you a new Futaba RX that matches your tx bind it hook up your servos and go fly! The problem with this idea is you don't get allways get the best equipment for your application. I just recently got 3 rxs for less than what I would pay brand new and they all binded to my tx! Michael Johnston
I am not a scholar with the English language obviously.
The hoopla is so simple it's hard to focus on the forest when your in the middle of a cluster of trees.
I have a gozzilian flying gadgets, , A few big ones that worry me to the point I can't fool around with inferior range problems.
My FUTABA always seems to win the range tests, though they are outrageous they do show better range.
Now I'm done , I want to throw up some UEF BNF toys, slowsticks, sit back and relax.
BUT ,, I DON'T WANT TO GRAB ANOTHER RADIO TO DO IT!!!
One radio, flies all, not complicated gentlemen. I found a solution however.
I have a vid on a dude operating on his T8FG, There are two ways.
You can still get the original Spektrum modular conversion for the older Foolish-Taba radios with the Module port in the back.
You gut the module and believe it or not there is room inside T8FG for it to fit.
All you will see is a second antenna and a two way switch in the back.
One for Futaba and the other position for Spektrum!! WALA.
I refuse to give up. Simple as that. Foolish-taba removed the module ports on their new
stuff, I realy hate velcroing crap to the back of a radio, Though there are instructions
on youtube to molest a buddy cord and hot wire a Spektrum module
to work. Those modules are discontinued so you had better act fast.
Got mine used on e-bay.
THIS will be my last Foolish Taba .
I'll just drop the 500 on the 12 channel Spektrum with Telemetrics feedback and be done with it.
The transmitter power on those models are much higher then the modules. Should range out just fine.
Unlike the first generation spektrum 6 that I have, the range is meek with them.
FrSky and Orage are starting to scare me, they give allot for the cheap, under 300.
It's this Bind and Fly thing that has me hooked. Quick easy 100 dollar fun fly gizmos can make my weekend
after I crash my good krap.