Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Why Futaba does not offer BNF?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Why Futaba does not offer BNF?????

ORIGINAL: acdii

It just dawned on me, with my last purchase, I now have nearly $4K invested in this stuff this year.
You have far more self-control than I!!!

Just don't tell your wife!

Andy
Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Agreed, I have one in the T-34 and plugging in the wing is a PITA, and that is with Eflite servos! I guess tight is better than loose though.
Not necessesarily. The plug that JR, Spek, HiTec, etc use is identical to Futaba's, except that the Futaba plug has the side tab.

That side tab keeps you from putting the plug in the wrong way. Without it, the socket must be made much smaller because the only other thing that keeps the plug from going in wrong are the two tiny chamfers on the top of the plug.

So without the tab, the socket has to be tight enough to keep bone-heads from plugging in their servos wrong - and makes it a PIA for the rest of us!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52810.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1693441  
Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

It just dawned on me, with my last purchase, I now have nearly $4K invested in this stuff this year.
You have far more self-control than I!!!

Just don't tell your wife!

Andy
Hah, she's the one who said, if it makes you happy, GETIT! LOL

Hey Ican blame my wife for my hobby, whodathunkit.

Old 12-05-2011, 05:11 AM
frivera12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the idea of when this FTR's aircraft are going to be available on the market(at least take a guess)?????
Old 12-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Skaluf

ORIGINAL: frivera12

Does anyone have the idea of when this FTR's aircraft are going to be available on the market(at least take a guess)?????[img][/img]

FTR products will begin to appear around the end of December, but the main influx will be right after the first of the year. Stay tuned for more complete information.

Steve
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Bruno Stachel

Steve, can you comment on whether the 6EX will be compatible with the FTR products?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Skaluf

FTR products are being developed around our FHSS technology. So, the 6J would be compatible, but not the 6EX at this time.

Steve

ORIGINAL: Bruno Stachel

Steve, can you comment on whether the 6EX will be compatible with the FTR products?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Dave McDonald
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: Skaluf

FTR products are being developed around our FHSS technology.
So can you comment on whether the radios that can be updated (8FG, 12FG, etc) will be able to choose FHSS or FASST sometime in the future?
Old 12-06-2011, 05:20 PM
frivera12

ORIGINAL: Skaluf

Does anyone have the idea of when this FTR's aircraft are going to be available on the market(at least take a guess)?????[img][/img]

FTR products will begin to appear around the end of December, but the main influx will be right after the first of the year. Stay tuned for more complete information.

Steve

Great, it's time to order a 6J and wait for the new models............
Old 12-07-2011, 10:33 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

I do not think Futaba will be doing this directly. I suspect that it will be done by Great Planes with the blessing of Futaba to use their equipment and name in the marketing.

I think you're stating the obvious there. Futaba does not build airframes. Neither does Spektrum and JR (although the latter does have helicopters..).

Futaba is working with its distributors to produce these FTR aircraft. Those planes stil require Futaba hardware to be factory installed. Whether that installation is conducted at a Futaba factory or a Great Planes Factory or a subcontractor who integrates and distributes to the Hobbico distributors is really irrelevant.
Pedantry aside it will still be a Futaba/Hobbico/Robbe product and thats all the customer wants
Old 12-07-2011, 01:18 PM
AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: TimBle

I think you're stating the obvious there. Futaba does not build airframes. Neither does Spektrum and JR (although the latter does have helicopters..).
But we at Spektrum sit in offices next to the guys who do design our (Hangar 9, Parkzone, E-Flite, Hobbyzone) planes and eat lunch with them and fly with them (on the weekends, too) and our paychecks have the same name and signatures on them.

Andy
Old 12-07-2011, 02:05 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really don't see how Hobbico will be able to provide a similar system to Bind n Fly.
The basic Bind an Fly allows any DSM2 system ( which means any Spektrum system equipped tx.)
This is obviously because of the forward /backward compatibility excluding the short life initial DSM6 radio system.
The DSM2 &tx built into the tiny RTF packages also runs the same models .
No problems with varied radio types- as long as a DSM2 signal is available - it will operate the model.
Hobbico has to adopt a system which will work in a similar fashion.
I don't know which of the Futaba systems will end up as the preferred one - I am certain it won't be FASST.
I would bet it will be one using a system very similar in hardware with what Spektrum is using.
Why? The latest chips which run video games using accelerometers DO operate with DSM2 and I can't imagine Hobbico would introduce a similar system which does not use these chips.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:50 PM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FHSS and S-FHSS is what Futaba will be using for FTR.

18MZ, is compatible and the FG series radio's can be made compatible via software update.

"But we at Spektrum sit in offices next to the guys who do design our (Hangar 9, Parkzone, E-Flite, Hobbyzone) planes and eat lunch with them and fly with them (on the weekends, too) and our paychecks have the same name and signatures on them.

Andy"

Word on the street is that you also run naked through the forest together singing kumba ja.

I like to compare the competition betweenHco andHH to a drag race.HH turns up with a Tesla sportscar andHco. with a Bugatti.
The tesla gets away from the start block fast due to all the talk available. The Hco Bugatti's driver is still tapping his feet to Leonard Cohen's Halleluja.
Then just as the Tesla hits top speed somewhere around 20m from the startline it swerves uncontrollably to the right before crashing into the barrier, the Veyron screams away, passes the TEsla and wins the race.
Halleluja still ringing over the Bose speakers with a soft female telemetry voice telling you engine temps.

The Tesla driver says he lost signal somewhere along the straight but the technicians dismiss that idea and blame the driver for not pushing the pedal hard enough and fidling with the gadgets on the steering wheel instead of driving.

All tongue in cheek of course

all great products and I own kit from both parties
Old 12-08-2011, 09:30 AM
AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: TimBle

Word on the street is that you also run naked through the forest together singing kumba ja.
Well we know that can't be true, there are no forests in this part of Illinois! Just corn (maize) and soybeans!

Andy
Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 AM
MinnFlyer

And I've seen some of the Horizon girls. If they were running around naked, I WOULD BE THERE!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:01 PM
atr42flyer

so will I be able to use my 14mz with a tm14 module on the FTR airplanes? will i need a module that will transmit FHSS?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
frivera12

I have my 6J waiting for what Futaba has to offer with the FTR's. We'll see soon...........
Old 12-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Silent-AV8R

I have my 6J waiting for what Futaba has to offer with the FTR's. We'll see soon...........[img][/img]

To be clear, Futaba is not doing the FTR. Great Planes/Hobbico is doing them. They have an arrangement with Futaba that allows them to do so. But Futaba itself is not doing the planes.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:51 AM
frivera12

I have my 6J waiting for what Futaba has to offer with the FTR's. We'll see soon...........[img][/img]

To be clear, Futaba is not doing the FTR. Great Planes/Hobbico is doing them. They have an arrangement with Futaba that allows them to do so. But Futaba itself is not doing the planes.
This has been discussed before. Great Planes/Hobbico has an arrangement with Futaba. The question is who is the one that manufactures TX's??? is not Great Planes or Hobbico just like Specktrum and Parkzone are different brands. As long as Futaba offers a similar product is ok for me.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Silent-AV8R

The point you are missing is that these are called "Futaba Transmtter Ready". In other words, no transmitter comes with them. They will have a FHSS compatible receiver in them. The airframe and everything else is a Great Planes/Hobbico product. Futaba makes little, if anything, that comes with the FTR products. You will HAVE to use a Futaba transmitter since those will be the ONLY transmitter that will work with the FTR planes that Great Planes will be selling. Again, no transmitter comes with it.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:17 AM
frivera12

The point you are missing is that these are called "Futaba Transmtter Ready". In other words, no transmitter comes with them. They will have a FHSS compatible receiver in them. The airframe and everything else is a Great Planes/Hobbico product. Futaba makes little, if anything, that comes with the FTR products. You will HAVE to use a Futaba transmitter since those will be the ONLY transmitter that will work with the FTR planes that Great Planes will be selling. Again, no transmitter comes with it.
That's exactly the same reason that Ibought a new Futaba 6J for the FTR airplanes(and cheaper receivers)because I'm a Futaba fan andI was almost going to get a DX7.................
Old 12-25-2011, 08:54 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

if I buy a Futaba  2.4 module for my 9C super will it  work the FTR planes?

I have a Spectrum module in it now.  Works great with the BnF  planes as well as my larger planes.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:06 AM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: aeajr

if I buy a Futaba 2.4 module for my 9C super will it work the FTR planes?

I have a Spectrum module in it now. Works great with the BnF planes as well as my larger planes.
I believe the FTR aircraft are sold with FHSS compatible receivers. I don't believe that Futaba is selling FHSS modules. I think that they are only FASST compatible.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:17 AM
pilotpete2

Hi Rich,
Futaba does sell a S-FHSS module that is physically identical the the TM-7 & 8 that should work in any of same transmitters.[8D]
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBHZT&P=0
Best Regards,
Pete
Old 12-26-2011, 09:05 AM
BuschBarber

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: pilotpete2

Hi Rich,
Futaba does sell a S-FHSS module that is physically identical the the TM-7 & 8 that should work in any of same transmitters.[8D]
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBHZT&P=0
Best Regards,
Pete
Thanks!

I did not know that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.