Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 18SZH Discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 11:58 AM
mob-z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Futaba 18SZH Discontinued?

Since the release of the Futaba 18SZ model, I've always wanted to get my hands on one, but whenever I was ready to buy one, it was out of stock. Today, when I checked the Tower Hobbies website, the listing has changed to "Discontinued". does anyone have any idea if the product will still be available for purchase? It hasn't been in the market long enough to be discontinued. Tower hobbies listing: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFKLP&P=ML
Old 05-27-2018, 01:31 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Be patient, when the new Futaba distribution and service center gets up and running in Alabama, I'm sure they will have the SZH back in stock.

With Horizon buying Tower Hobbies, it is still unclear whether Tower will continue to handle Futaba equipment or not. They have started selling Spektrum since the takeover as you would expect for a company owned by Horizon.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Truckracer
Be patient, when the new Futaba distribution and service center gets up and running in Alabama, I'm sure they will have the SZH back in stock.

With Horizon buying Tower Hobbies, it is still unclear whether Tower will continue to handle Futaba equipment or not. They have started selling Spektrum since the takeover as you would expect for a company owned by Horizon.
Yeah I sort of suspected that Tower would start selling Spektrum stuff, but what Futaba will do is anybody's guess. I cannot see Futaba ignoring what is now probably one of the biggest hobby vendors in the World and certainly the biggest in the USA.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:42 PM
mob-z

Default Futaba 18SZH Discontinued

Originally Posted by Truckracer

Yes that is true. Tower will most likely be forced to phase out Futaba products and switch to Spektrum, removing any stock they have. I guess Futaba will have to find another distributer although I doubt this will be an issue for them since they are big in the RC world.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:41 PM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by mob-z
I guess Futaba will have to find another distributer although I doubt this will be an issue for them since they are big in the RC world.
They are not looking for another distributor, as Truckracer said, they are going to be their own importer/distributor/service center in Huntsville.

https://futabausa.com/
Old 05-27-2018, 03:43 PM
mob-z

Originally Posted by Zeeb
They are not looking for another distributor, as Truckracer said, they are going to be their own importer/distributor/service center in Huntsville.

https://futabausa.com/
That’s even better. They should’ve done that long time ago. Thank you guys for the input, I guess I'll wait until Futaba's website is fully operational.

Last edited by mob-z; 05-27-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Fabweb

the source is not dry ... see at rcjapan
Fabrice
Old 05-28-2018, 07:18 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabweb
the source is not dry ... see at rcjapan
Fabrice
Most radios sold by rcjapan are not FCC certified for use in the USA..
Old 05-28-2018, 08:42 AM
Fabweb

I did not know, yet they note in the manual on their website that the radio is FCC compliance
Old 05-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by Fabweb
I did not know, yet they note in the manual on their website that the radio is FCC compliance
There is some more information about this issue over on FG. I got in contact with them, RC Japan, as well as several others asking about FCC stickers. We were all told that their radio equipment does not have FCC stickers. They may be FCC compliant as I doubt there's really no difference in the radios, but without the sticker it's a no go....