Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Top Flite Giant Scale Spitfire ARF

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Top Flite Giant Scale Spitfire ARF

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite Giant Scale Spitfire ARF

I agree, it looks real good. Will put one on order when it becomes available.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, I'm glad you guys like it. I think it kinda looks like doodoo. Among many other scale discrepancies it once again appears as if TF have seen fit to reduce the dihedral. I much prefer the big ESM version myself although chances are very good I won't be buying either of them so my opinion is probably moot anyway!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Capt G
My Feedback: (8)

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

you can call Tower and ask them to order TOPA0708. Don't forget your Gold Pref #.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:49 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Nothing
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Ramstein44
My Feedback: (157)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered mine.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 AM
SWORDSN
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ramstein44

Just ordered mine.
Where from? I can't find it on Tower.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Ramstein44

I called tower and spoke with a rep. Just received the confirmation email.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

ORIGINAL: Chad Veich

Well, I'm glad you guys like it. I think it kinda looks like doodoo. Among many other scale discrepancies it once again appears as if TF have seen fit to reduce the dihedral. I much prefer the big ESM version myself although chances are very good I won't be buying either of them so my opinion is probably moot anyway!

why, why, why does TF feel the need to reduce the dihedral. Sure it may reduce rudder roll coupling, but this is NOT a pattern plane!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Best guess is that Robart makes 90 and 85 degree retracts and the dihedral is reduced so the struts look proper when the plane is sitting on the ground. Just a guess.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Ramstein44

Can you guys please explain to me why people complain about a product you "DON'T" have to buy?? I mean, really... You have the option to buy so many other ARF's out there and if you're the perfectionist...buy a kit! Topflite is providing a product for those that want the plane without all the hastle. Now personally, I'm a FW190 addict..putting it mildly and have built almost every kit version out there so I know what one should look like but that didn't stop me from buying the TF FW190 and fliping it when it was released. I wanted something I could just enjoy regardless of its outline fully knowing that if I dump it, I can just buy another and have fun with it...Instead of the years it takes to build or re-build the kit. I mean, isn't that why we buy ARF's; fully understanding that they're not perfect?!

Buy it, love it or or hate it or buy someone elses ARF or build a kit.. It's as simple as that. JMO
Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Chad Veich

No complaints in my post Ram, just an opinion and a brief synopsis of the reasons why I won't be buying one.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:12 PM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Ramstein44

Can you guys please explain to me why people complain about a product you ''DON'T'' have to buy?? I mean, really... You have the option to buy so many other ARF's out there and if you're the perfectionist...buy a kit! Topflite is providing a product for those that want the plane without all the hastle. Now personally, I'm a FW190 addict..putting it mildly and have built almost every kit version out there so I know what one should look like but that didn't stop me from buying the TF FW190 and fliping it when it was released. I wanted something I could just enjoy regardless of its outline fully knowing that if I dump it, I can just buy another and have fun with it...Instead of the years it takes to build or re-build the kit. I mean, isn't that why we buy ARF's; fully understanding that they're not perfect?!

Buy it, love it or or hate it or buy someone elses ARF or build a kit.. It's as simple as that. JMO
Well said, I agree 100%
Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Ramstein44

Chad, you have to buy it.. I don’t want to be the guinea pig on that great looking cockpit kit..

Well, all I can say is regardless of the flaws (me knowing only what this new aerodetail shows on the spitfire) I look forward to getting it, especially since I don't have to build it..
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Fun flyer for sure. But, I think I will wait for awhile and see if the price goes down like the FW did. By the way they will only honor the price drop for 30 days.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 AM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Two years ago I wanted to purchase a giant scale Spitfire ARF. Before I committed to a purchase, I contacted Top-flite to see if they had plans on releasing a GS ARF Spitfire. The reply I got was; TF does not divulge information on aircraft that are being considered for production.

<o></o>

Being disappointed with their reply, I purchased the ESM 50cc Spitfire. Although the ESM looks decent, it has been a nightmare to assemble, right from the beginning. I have gotten so frustrated with the assembly that I have put the aircraft aside twice now, until I complete two other assemblies, the TF FW-190 and H9 150 Mustang. If TF had only given me a hint of the release, I would have held off on the purchase of the ESM. I wonder how many Spitfire sales TF may have lost due to their policy on not releasing information on possible aircraft model production.

Roger
Old 02-06-2013, 05:46 AM
Lifer

I had a similar experience with an ESM B-25. Fortunately, the seller refunded the purchase. I know many folks have had great luck with their ESM birds, but mine was totally mis-engineered and couldn't be asembled without major renovation and refinishing. Too bad, because the planes look great.

I have assembled several of the Top Flite warbirds, and although not perfect they have always left me feeling like I got my moneys' worth and they fly great. I look forward to the Zero release but wish either Top Flite or Horizon would release a GS P-38, but apparently the Lockheed Corporation stands in the way with copyright claims.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 AM
SrTelemaster150

ORIGINAL: MANFRED

Fun flyer for sure. But, I think I will wait for awhile and see if the price goes down like the FW did. By the way they will only honor the price drop for 30 days.
When did the FW go down in price?

I know it dropped for about 2 days right after Christmas, but right now it's $749 on Tower's website.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:35 AM
kahloq

I have the ESM b-25. It wasn't difficult to build, but not as smooth as say a hangar9. I also have the giant scale fw-190d9 from ESM. Not difficult either, but do take more time to finish then a tf or h9
Old 02-06-2013, 06:57 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to sign up for their daily sale emails and also check it daily on their website. They put things on sale for awhile until the inventory gets where they want it then back to the regular price.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Ramstein44

I have the ESM FW190D and built the Anton and 50cc BF109. They were a breeze to build even after the ton of modifications I did. Now this Topflite FW190 build was in a class of its own.. Super easy and I hope the spit will follow.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

I am amazed at the guys who want a scale masters arf for $49. If you want a real scale model then buy some plans, a balsa plantation an start whittling. Until then just be quiet. The TF models are.sport scale..it kinda looks like one and flies great. If you don't like them don't buy one....stop plugging up the threads with the mindless rants.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

I totally agree.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Chad Veich

ORIGINAL: tp777fo

I am amazed at the guys who want a scale masters arf for $49. If you want a real scale model then buy some plans, a balsa plantation an start whittling. Until then just be quiet. The TF models are.sport scale..it kinda looks like one and flies great. If you don't like them don't buy one....stop plugging up the threads with the mindless rants.
No, I don't want nor expect a "scale master arf for $49". I do have plans, balsa, and I do lots of building thank you very much. And I'm pretty sure I have just as much right to express my opinion here on this forum as you do. And speaking of "plugging up threads with mindless rants" your post qualifies quite nicely. Why do folks get so upset when somebody makes some sort of critique of a product? Isn't that the point of this forum, to discuss?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:11 AM
Lifer

Plus 1 on Chad's comment. Discussion on these threads helps people to improve, provides feedback to the manufacturers, and yes, gives some an avenue to vent. If you don't like it, start your own thread. There's a lot of people who have helped me, and I hope in some way I may have helped someone else. I have to wonder if those who spit venom on RCU act the same way in public where they would likely be held accountable for their statements?????
Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 AM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

+2 for Chad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.