Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jetcat ECU/Sensor Board Repair

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jetcat ECU/Sensor Board Repair

Old 09-26-2016, 04:20 AM
johnl2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetcat ECU/Sensor Board Repair

Hey guys, I have a Jetcat P-140RX that I have plugged the lipo direct into the engine circuit board. Fried a diode, I believe it was a starter protection diode. I tried replacing it with a similar diode, but it still sends 12V directly to the starter motor. Burned out 2 motors already before I realized this. I could provide pics and all the info I have access to. It's just very tough without the schematics. The ECU is V10.8. Still have one more check I need to do with the FET's. But I'm afraid I need to take them out of the board in order to check them for shorts or opens.

Thanks,

John
Old 09-26-2016, 09:44 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

I suggest you contact George at JetCat USA to assist you with your electronics issues, will most likely save you from damaging more components! His contact is; [email protected]
Old 09-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

delete...
Old 09-26-2016, 11:01 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is one for sale in the classifieds.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:23 PM
johnl2

Thanks, but I'd prefer to fix it myself, it is a hobby after all. Also, I have already gone that route once before, don't need to get raped again.

John
Old 09-26-2016, 12:25 PM
johnl2

Anybody have pics of a P-140RX board? I have two of them and both sections are bad on them both. I just need to know the diodes numbers, some boards have 2 diodes and some have 3, the older ones. If anyone has one, I will take pics and show you exactly where I'm talking about. Xairflyer, are you here anywhere??

Thanks,

John
Old 09-26-2016, 12:28 PM
johnl2

P.S. I just got my KJ66 homebuild running today for the first time!!!! It's a great day! Well, I ran it on propane, very low RPM's, next test is full kero, just awaiting the fuel pump. I was going to build a gear pump also, but I just couldn't wait to get it running! Anyone interested in pics, just ask.

Here is a link to a couple of my posts:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...391515&page=14

John
Old 09-26-2016, 12:34 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Raped? Not sure if your aware but JetCat USA has changed hands; not sure what your past experience has been but you may wish to reconsider! Having already burned up two motors, and the possibility of doing further damage to the ECU, an email or phone call may save you quite a bit ;-)
Old 09-26-2016, 12:54 PM
johnl2

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
Raped? Not sure if your aware but JetCat USA has changed hands; not sure what your past experience has been but you may wish to reconsider! Having already burned up two motors, and the possibility of doing further damage to the ECU, an email or phone call may save you quite a bit ;-)
I am aware about the change, so you say they changed their policies? If that is the case, I will give it a shot. . . thank you. Last time I purchased a sensor board, it was $175, which is a lot for that little thing. But it looks like I may have no choice. I don't think I'm going to find what I need. Not trying to be a snob, just love working on all of my own stuff, I find it very fun. Too bad I don't know what type of diodes I need. I remember when I pulled them off, I searched the numbers but nothing came up. So I will contact them, thanks again,

John