Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T-1 updates on Mfr/Delivers??

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T-1 updates on Mfr/Delivers??

Old 12-02-2016, 10:06 AM
pattratt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T-1 updates on Mfr/Delivers??

Hey Guys
I am on the list for a T-1. Has anyone gotten any updates on when the factory is going to be able to start shipping in quanity to effectively start reducing their back log of orders? There has been nothing posted on availability on their website or original thread for sometime now!!
Old 12-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

From what I can tell its looking like 4 months at least. I ordered mine on 9-26. I know they will not let them rush orders out to meet demand so they are top quality instead of built on Friday afternoon planes.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:24 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Pretty sure they have completed their move to a bigger facility now and they also have 4 molds now. Hoping they will start getting them out faster now.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:21 AM
pattratt

That was what we were told a month ago! Not trying to start an issue but we were getting"daily" updates when you were taking orders. I am on the list but would appreciate something a little more specific on a time frame for those of us on the list as we are fast approaching needing to know something in preparation for next Spring and Summer flying season. Again not trying to create an issue just planning for next flying season.
Thanks
Old 12-03-2016, 11:38 AM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got "on the list" recently and I was told they would officially take my order around February. How realistic that is, I don't know. Honestly, I have other projects to finish before I could even start on the T-one; so I don't mind the wait.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:54 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by pattratt
That was what we were told a month ago! Not trying to start an issue but we were getting"daily" updates when you were taking orders. I am on the list but would appreciate something a little more specific on a time frame for those of us on the list as we are fast approaching needing to know something in preparation for next Spring and Summer flying season. Again not trying to create an issue just planning for next flying season.
Thanks

Best bet is to get in touch with Dirk. I was just giving the latest info I had and that was thanksgiving week.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:44 PM
pattratt

I would assume he (Dirk) is monitoring this thread as he definitely responds to all the postives on the guy's that have finished and are currently flying their T1's?
Old 12-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I believe Dirk is at an event this weekend. Emailing him directly at the email address on the site would be how to get your quickest response I would think
Old 12-03-2016, 02:50 PM
pattratt

Hope it's not in Texas! "Cold & very Wet" here!! I'm sure he will get back & post when he can.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:18 PM
GhostRider 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would assume he (Dirk) is monitoring this thread as he definitely responds to all the postives on the guy's that have finished and are currently flying their T1's?
Thanks [/Quote]

Pattratt,

All I can say is WOW!!, I am also on the list waiting for a T-1 but you should choose your words better. Insinuating Dirk is only responding to "positive posts" and avoiding negative posts, not that there are any, is pretty Sh***y!! Expecting daily updates to satisfy your desires, is asking a lot if there is nothing new to post. I can only hope Dirk doesn't read this thread, as I take offense to your comments for him! I know I have called or emailed him and he answers or responds 95% of the time day or night and I am sure many others will say the same thing.

You act like these planes can be mass produced like an injected molded part. I'm sure it takes you at least 1-2 months to finish an ARF that is 80%+ complete. The factory has to build the first 80% and you think they can just push a button on an assembly line, or twitch their nose and **** 30-40 of these planes out the door every month to satisfy your spoiled attitude of I want it NOW? If you read the thread from the beginning, you would know this is a NEW start up company and they happen to hit a major victory with the T-1. Talking to Dirk, they received over 100 orders in the first 2 months, he stopped taking orders months ago because they can't keep up, they are moving into a bigger facility to increase production, they have to set up a whole new factory production line, paint booths, QC, shipping dept etc. But let me guess, you think they can set up a whole factory in a day or 2, and you want to gripe about when you can get yours? From what I am hearing, if you are on the "waiting list" like I am, you will not see a plane before June/July 2017 and that is if you are lucky. You might want to find a different plane for next season. Just sayin!!

Ghostrider out!!
Old 12-03-2016, 05:12 PM
pattratt

Ghostrider
I went out of my way to make sure no reasonable person would take issue with my inquiries! I have had several phone conversations early on with Dirk and he has always been straight up with stuff! There has been no discussion as of late as to the status of the T1 factory that Dirk cannot control! I simply asked for an update! My comment about the positive responses ment two things:
1. All the "positive comments" meant this had to be a great aircraft!
2. He is definitely monitoring the the T1 threads and as such I did not need an immediate answer as I stated in my last post! You know nothing about me or what I know so I will ask you to reframe from making the assumption you do!
If you miss interpreted what I posted I would appreciate a statement to that affect and will attempt to be more clear. If that is not the case, I am politely asking you to not reply directly to my posts and I will do the same!
Pattratt
Old 12-03-2016, 05:37 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

All we can do is wait,,period, the factory just moved less than 2 weeks ago, yes they have more molds, but they gotta get set back up to go in production, and into a rythm,, period. Dirk,Barry, nor Kingtech as a business has any control of that, he can only relay what info is forwarded to him. I myself ordered back in August, and am eager to get mine, but am waiting PATIENTLY, I have seen 4 different T1s and 1of them flying, its worth the wait with the price, you know there are delays, everyone knows there are delays,,sooo. You have to be patient and wait, they are working on the planes Im sure of it, they have a highly desired product that overwhelmed their initial startup sales projections. If you cant handle being patient for now, then this aint the jet for you, if you have already paid, he will refund you, and there is a long list of people who will gladly take your spot.
I have talked with Dirk many times, and he is a good guy and he wants us all to get our planes so we can enjoy them, my post is not directed at anyone, just being honest,,, like TOM PETTY sung,,,the waiting is the hardest part.

Last edited by raron455; 12-03-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:08 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Hell I have one and can't even fly it due to weather, so I just wait and see what the next weekend has to offer, another delay as rain spoils my joy I was one of the first to get one of theses jets and I only have ten flights...but I know soon I will be blessed with good weather and a flood (the good kind) of flights will come my way, untill then I will just wait patiently. This jet is more like a long turm envestment into the joy of this hobby as something like this does not cone along every day with a tower hobbies coupon for instant gratification.

TB
Old 12-09-2016, 10:41 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks
I have not posted lately because there was nothing new to report. Like some have mentioned, moving a factory and setting it up for production is not an over night feat. T-One models is a brand new start up company, and had no idea the T-1 would be the BEST thing since sliced bread. I think their heads are still exploding with the demand for this plane. I had asked them to postpone working on the Eurofighter, put all hands on deck, and get a solid grip on production for T-1.

So here is the other latest factory news, hot off the press!!

The factory has finally completed the move and is gearing up the production line. The new factory paint booth was not up to standards and was unfortunately found out too late and a few airframes were lost because of it. I was very impressed that they did not try to salvage them and let an inferior plane leave the factory. I was just as sad, as that put us further behind once again. Barry, myself and the factory, would like to thank everyone that has paid orders for being patient and understanding all the delays we have encountered. We will pick up sending orders in the que as they were placed. The factory hired another Master Painter and they are training new employees to help increase production. I know everyone reading this, has assembled or actually scratch built a plane and knows training new people to build a plane is not an overnight feat. Our quality WILL NOT be compromised from new employees, as they are under strict supervision. Anyone that has touched, flown or saw a T-1, knows this plane is SO WORTH THE WAIT!! With that being said, our offer still stands, anyone with a paid order that does not want to wait, please let me know and I will refund your $$ within the hour. Before you all bombard me with "when is my plane going to be done" questions, let's let the factory get producing for a week or two so I can get a pulse on production and forecast a true delivery date for you.

For the guys on the waiting list, With the current paid orders and the current waiting list, I don't for see your orders being placed before March/April with a June/ July delivery date. That is if production picks up like we are hoping.

Regards,

Dirk
[email protected]
Old 12-10-2016, 12:15 AM
pattratt

Dirk
Thanks for the update. That was exactly what I was looking for as an update. I will plan on something else for next flying season and look forward to knowing what my next winter's project will be.
Thanks
Pattratt