Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Everyday flyer pack-n-go jet....

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Everyday flyer pack-n-go jet....

Old 02-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Dblex
My Feedback: (81)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Everyday flyer pack-n-go jet....

I am looking to do another jet build right Now. Currently looking at the following four jets:

Comp ARF Rookie

Comp ARF Ultra Flash

BVM Bobcat

BVM PnP Cougar (saves me build time and has a lot of wing area)

Really looking for something I can throw in the van and run to the field and have fun with. I listed the cougar because it has a lot of wing area can fly slow and is a scale Jet all at the same time.

Looking for feedback and not kit bashing... thanks!!!
Old 02-21-2017, 03:09 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

If your looking for a bullet proof sport jet it is hard to beat the Flash!
And you can get it in a military paint scheme if you want a "scale like" look
Old 02-21-2017, 04:00 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Really fast and really easy, may not even have to take the wings off.... They have Super Viper Sport, the F-16, and the Mirage will be out soon. With or without the Kingtech K-60G2

https://www.pacificrcjet.com/collections/hsd-foam-jets
Old 02-21-2017, 04:52 PM
siclick33

Can you store/transport the models in one piece? I haven't had the Cougar but the others will all be fine if you don't need to take them apart.

If you do, the Ultra Flash wins hands down as you just bolt the wings on and you're good to go. The Rookie and Bobcat can be a pain to assemble at the field in comparison.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:58 PM
Dblex

Breaking down isn't the main concern. It is mainly the fun factor for all around flying. The cougar was put on the list for PNP and good all around flyer....slow, fast ect

i have seen the pacific jet foamies, but haven't heard too much yet to get comfortable.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:09 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My Cougar is awesome. It can sit on gear or you can get a foamie stand that's custom cut. Wings just plug in and it's scale to boot. Flies very scale like but is the easiest Jet to fly I've ever owned. I just can't stop bragging on how good a jet it is. Mine has a K100 but would like to eventually put a 120 in it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7656.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	571.6 KB
ID:	2202163  
Old 02-21-2017, 06:06 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ultra Flash
Old 02-21-2017, 06:08 PM
Dblex

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
My Cougar is awesome. It can sit on gear or you can get a foamie stand that's custom cut. Wings just plug in and it's scale to boot. Flies very scale like but is the easiest Jet to fly I've ever owned. I just can't stop bragging on how good a jet it is. Mine has a K100 but would like to eventually put a 120 in it.
I love scale and have read your post on it, that's what put her on the list. I have a Honda Odyssey and my Skymaster F-18 fit fine. My son flys with me now so we are now a team to the field. I find myself supporting him a lot more now and don't want a jet that I have to spend an hour getting ready... I miss my turbinator!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:27 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The Cougar, Rookie and Bobcat sit in their legs with the wings off.. this is highly desirable in a weekend flier.

and by far the prettiest of the bunch is the Cougar, so this is my vote.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Dblex

Originally Posted by erbroens
The Cougar, Rookie and Bobcat sit in their legs with the wings off.. this is highly desirable in a weekend flier.

and by far the prettiest of the bunch is the Cougar, so this is my vote.
Really great point....
Old 02-22-2017, 05:14 AM
Len Todd

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I am currently building my Ultra Flash. I was a bit disappointed about the one-piece wing. I hate transporting one-piece wings. They always seem to be in the way in the trailer or get bumped. But, the UF does come with wing protection covers and it is a well proven plane that flies well. So, .. I bit on it. But, flipping over a plane to put on its wing and gear is a PITA. I am hoping I get used to it.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:18 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

My everyday day flyer is the T1. It does everything the bandit or flash does but better. Easy to build perfect size,easy to transport and also a good price point. Flies very light also. I have helped several people get turbine waivers on it yet it will do any maneuver in the book for us pilots that like to go crazy. No way I would ever waist money on those other out dated planes anymore. They are a one trick pony. They go real fast.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	16831137_10154293398765924_7815846579669859054_n.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	2202300  
Old 02-22-2017, 07:00 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
I am currently building my Ultra Flash. I was a bit disappointed about the one-piece wing. I hate transporting one-piece wings. They always seem to be in the way in the trailer or get bumped. But, the UF does come with wing protection covers and it is a well proven plane that flies well. So, .. I bit on it. But, flipping over a plane to put on its wing and gear is a PITA. I am hoping I get used to it.
But on the flip side, with it being a 1 piece wing, you arrive at the field and put two bolts in and the wings are on and you're ready to fly. It's relatively small plane so it's way easier for me to assemble than my shockwave - and my Shockwave isn't a difficult or arduous lane to bolt together
Old 02-22-2017, 07:51 AM
Scott Douglas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at an Xtreme Jets Panther for the same reasons, plus it's easier for me to store & transport
Old 02-22-2017, 07:54 AM
Len Todd

I suppose I'll get used to a one-piece wing again, ... someday. ??

As far as a T-1, ... try to get one. I have been on their "other list" for the waiting list for 6 months and gave up. Bought the UF instead. If they ever get back into production, I may consider one. Are they even back into any production at all yet?
Old 02-22-2017, 08:02 AM
gunradd

As far as a T-1, ... try to get one. I have been on their "other list" for the waiting list for 6 months and gave up. Bought the UF instead. If they ever get back into production, I may consider one. Are they even back into any production at all yet?
They are trying to get caught up now. The factory has been on target of building 25 to 30 a month now. Just trying to clear the back log. Sold so many 25 a month is great but still going to take some time to catch up.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:13 AM
Len Todd

Originally Posted by Andrew Bird
But on the flip side, with it being a 1 piece wing, you arrive at the field and put two bolts in and the wings are on and you're ready to fly. It's relatively small plane so it's way easier for me to assemble than my shockwave - and my Shockwave isn't a difficult or arduous lane to bolt together
Well,... there is a bit more to it than two bolts. There are the Servo connectors, there are the brake connectors, there are the gear connectors and on the UF there is a Aux fuel tank connection. All these connections make me nervous because on the Giant P-40 I had, the gear air connector failed and the plane cartwheeled on a belly landing. With a mid-wing section connected at all times, at least the gear is normally always connected and you can put keepers on those connections.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:00 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

On your list, and only one? Well, then its gotta be the cougar!
Old 02-22-2017, 09:16 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

FWIW, to me it is the total time involved. Time to pack the car, unpack at the field, fly and get back home.

The Bobcat is nice because it sets on its gear That means no stand. You can put the wings on (with truly one bolt per wing, one connection with Sbus) while you are filling the main tanks. I can get a couple of flights in on my lunch hour.

The cougar might be the same I don't know.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:17 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm with Matt, the bobcat and cougar are really the only two best choices there.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:29 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Dblex
Breaking down isn't the main concern. It is mainly the fun factor for all around flying. The cougar was put on the list for PNP and good all around flyer....slow, fast ect

i have seen the pacific jet foamies, but haven't heard too much yet to get comfortable.
Nothing to be uncomfortable with the foamy's they sell. They are far and above what foamy's used to be in many ways. If you want quick and painless they are the way to go. Electric retracts, no need for air support, etc.

Pretty decent thread on them here......

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-jets-hsd.html

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 02-22-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:46 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've had two rookie's, not in the same categories as the others. I LOVE my bobcat. I have 7 jets, the bobcat is the last one I would part with. Tough, fast, you can do full stick deflections at 200mph and it takes it. I leave the tubes in and just slide wings on, quick to assemble. Heard good things about the flash, can't get over the ugliness.... ;-)
Old 02-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Dblex

Originally Posted by DrScoles
I've had two rookie's, not in the same categories as the others. I LOVE my bobcat. I have 7 jets, the bobcat is the last one I would part with. Tough, fast, you can do full stick deflections at 200mph and it takes it. I leave the tubes in and just slide wings on, quick to assemble. Heard good things about the flash, can't get over the ugliness.... ;-)

Thanks Dr!!!!
Old 02-22-2017, 02:29 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm on the list to be in the list too. I was told recently that I might be able to order in April for a June delivery. If that holds true it will be just about perfect as I still have some projects to finish up and it looks like a quick plane to put together; so I could have it flying by mid summer.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:34 PM
gunradd

Originally Posted by luge_racer
I'm on the list to be in the list too. I was told recently that I might be able to order in April for a June delivery. If that holds true it will be just about perfect as I still have some projects to finish up and it looks like a quick plane to put together; so I could have it flying by mid summer.

It is a fast build. Just built one in 3 days for some one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.