Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Newbie needs help with battery Elam plus

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Newbie needs help with battery Elam plus

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Longbowdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs help with battery Elam plus

Hi. I picked up this awesome boat as is at an estate sale and would like to get it going again. It has no battery or controller and I need some reccomendations?

The battery connectors are strange and nothing like I have been able to find and I am not sure what controller would be easily compatible with its servos and speed controller?

I ran rc cars back in the 80's (tamiya, team associated) so have a little experience but im really not up to date on anything new..

Old 11-29-2020, 03:33 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

The shiny blue box is the speed control. It will plug into any RC receiver and work.
The receiver shown is a very ordinary 27MHz one - any hobby grade 27MHx transmitter will work with it provided it is fitted with a matching crystal. It might be easier and cheaper to just get a new 2G4 radio outfit.
The battery connectors are probably best replaced by one of your choice to match the battery you get. Choice of battery will depend on the label on the ESC when you take it out for a look. That, and the space available.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:37 AM
wnewbury

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Connectors are called Powerpole or Sermos.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:51 AM
Longbowdude

Originally Posted by mfr02
The shiny blue box is the speed control. It will plug into any RC receiver and work.
The receiver shown is a very ordinary 27MHz one - any hobby grade 27MHx transmitter will work with it provided it is fitted with a matching crystal. It might be easier and cheaper to just get a new 2G4 radio outfit.
The battery connectors are probably best replaced by one of your choice to match the battery you get. Choice of battery will depend on the label on the ESC when you take it out for a look. That, and the space available.

The ESC has no label. I was able to google and found an what I think is an old manual and it mentions the ESC being programmable for different batteries with some kind of additional board.

Manual
Old 11-29-2020, 12:13 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It appears to be the standard ProBoat 45 amp marine controller, the ID may be under the velcro. It is programmable, are you using LiPos or the old round cells? If the former then it MUST be reprogrammed. The programmer (PRB3311) is mentioned in the manual below. It is discontinued but you can probably find one online if you search.

PRB3550S_Owners_Manual.pdf

Old 11-29-2020, 12:55 PM
Longbowdude

Originally Posted by Got RPM
It appears to be the standard ProBoat 45 amp marine controller, the ID may be under the velcro. It is programmable, are you using LiPos or the old round cells? If the former then it MUST be reprogrammed. The programmer (PRB3311) is mentioned in the manual below. It is discontinued but you can probably find one online if you search.

Attachment 2268792

Yeah I dont have batterys at all and no clue what it was programmed for... no clue what battery to get