Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Looking for receivers?

Old 10-12-2020, 12:49 PM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for receivers?

I have two nice radios and I’m looking for some more receivers for other planes?? Thank you in advance.
e-mail is [email protected] home phone is
321-268-0948, please leave a message as i don’t answer unknown numbers. Bill

I’m wondering if there are some of these out there for sale, and if so, are there any on Channel 30, or is there an outlet for Futaba crystals?

I’m wondering if there are any of these out there for sale? And if so, is there an outlet for JR crystals, on channel 32?
Old 11-20-2020, 11:12 PM
cheapsub

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know if you still going to check back.
how about a new synthesized receiver, with no crystal headache. Works with Futaba and JR transmitter.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corona-RP8D....m46890.l49292

All receiver you can find now are used [20+ years old], conditions unknown, hard to finding a matching crystal. Futaba still stock some of them.

If you are in to antique and patina (oxidation), we could talk. PM me.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:13 AM
Roo Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reply

Will your transmitters take a 2.4 add on module? There are several at very reasonable prices.
Gary
Old 11-21-2020, 10:34 AM
[email protected]

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default R127dp receivers

I have R127 Xh 30 receives. If sill looking, EMail back for info. [email protected]
Old 11-21-2020, 05:49 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by cheapsub
Don't know if you still going to check back.
how about a new synthesized receiver, with no crystal headache. Works with Futaba and JR transmitter.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corona-RP8D....m46890.l49292

All receiver you can find now are used [20+ years old], conditions unknown, hard to finding a matching crystal. Futaba still stock some of them.

If you are in to antique and patina (oxidation), we could talk. PM me.
never heard of that receiver??
Old 11-21-2020, 05:54 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by Roo Man
Will your transmitters take a 2.4 add on module? There are several at very reasonable prices.
Gary
I have my uncle’s Futaba 9CAP that he used a module and 2.4 receiver, but I’ve been out about 10 years for family things and didn’t feel comfortable flying with it. Put the 72 back in? I have two JR’s with modules, just not sure about spending the money on older stuff vs. new 2.4?? I’ll get there. Thank you, bill
Old 11-28-2020, 09:15 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

For my older 72mhz 9CAP I installed a Futaba synthesized module, that I can go to any channel from 11-60.

I still fly with it a few times a year with no problems at all. Nice thing was I bought boatloads of Futaba 72mhz Rx's in good condition when everyone was going to 2.4ghz, and never worried about what channel they were on.

I do have modern 2.4ghz systems as well for my newer giants, but the older equipment is still relevant for my classics.

I've always thought the 9C was a great radio, and almost bought a 2.4 module for it, but opted for the 72synth module so I didn't have to keep swapping it out for each channel, or 2.4. The 72synth module stays put and is dedicated to my older 72mhz planes.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:02 PM
brickwoodward

Originally Posted by DGrant
For my older 72mhz 9CAP I installed a Futaba synthesized module, that I can go to any channel from 11-60.

I still fly with it a few times a year with no problems at all. Nice thing was I bought boatloads of Futaba 72mhz Rx's in good condition when everyone was going to 2.4ghz, and never worried about what channel they were on.

I do have modern 2.4ghz systems as well for my newer giants, but the older equipment is still relevant for my classics.

I've always thought the 9C was a great radio, and almost bought a 2.4 module for it, but opted for the 72synth module so I didn't have to keep swapping it out for each channel, or 2.4. The 72synth module stays put and is dedicated to my older 72mhz planes.
someone else mentioned a synthesized reciever but I’ve never heard of them. Like I said, I’ve been out for a long time and most likely missed a lot of good things
Old 11-28-2020, 03:38 PM
Roo Man

I strongly suggest that you use a 2.4 module in your 9CAP. 2.4 is the latest technology, it works well.
I suggest you get a FrSky 2.4 module and a FrSky receiver.

72MH is all but dead.

Gary
Old 11-28-2020, 05:07 PM
brickwoodward

I strongly suggest that you use a 2.4 module in your 9CAP. 2.4 is the latest technology, it works well.
I suggest you get a FrSky 2.4 module and a FrSky receiver.

72MH is all but dead.

Gary
thanks Gary, I appreciate your input. I have a Spectrum DX6i I got from a friend. I used the JR 347 radio for over 20 years and got very familiar with the programming. Then I got the Futaba in 2015 and I’m still learning that programming. Now the Spectrum and I’m trying to start all over while I fly with something I can at least get in the air?
The following users liked this post:
Roo Man (11-29-2020)
Old 11-28-2020, 08:33 PM
DGrant

Originally Posted by brickwoodward
someone else mentioned a synthesized reciever but I’ve never heard of them. Like I said, I’ve been out for a long time and most likely missed a lot of good things
A synthesized receiver (goes in plane) can be dialed to any channel you want from 11-60. Nearly useless and obsolete in most cases.

A synthesized transmitter module(in the transmitter) can be dialed to any channel also from 11-60... very useful when you have several different receivers on different channels in your planes.

You don't have to worry about trying to get receiver/crystals to match your transmitter. You just dial up the correct channel on the module, that plugs right into your 9C.

I can use any Futaba FM/PCM receiver with my 9C with my synth module installed. It doesn't matter what channel the receiver is on.

I also figured by the time I bought five ch60 crystals(at about $10 each) for the original ch60 module that came with my 9C, I could buy one synth module and fly on any channel, and I'll never have to buy another crystal.

...or you can keep looking for the proverbial needle in a hay stack trying to find everything and spending more money. You're choice of course.

It might take a while to find a synthesized module for a 9C, because alot of us have done this.. but it probably won't take as long as trying to find the exact Rx channels you're looking for.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:47 PM
DGrant

I'm all for 2.4ghz, and own a DX9 and DX18G2, but also I get not wanting to swap out a dozen 72mhz receivers for 2.4ghz, when my Futaba 9C has always worked flawlessly... I bought it brand new and know very well the history of my tranny, and I hope you do too. Most of these that were well cared for still work just fine.

I'm also not a fan of swapping a transmitter module back and forth to go from 72 to 2.4 and back.. just to fly my 72mhz planes. The pin systems on those modules can get fragile if handled too much.. which is why the one and only swap I made on my 9C was to the synth module.

... and I wouldn't be commenting if I didn't have first hand experience with this. Although 72mhz isn't common anymore, it's still used in many places, especially undeveloped areas, and it works just fine.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:01 PM
brickwoodward

Gary
Roo, I just saw this. Yes, it will and I have one module and one receiver my uncle got for it just before he had to stop flying. I changed it back to 72, as I have never handled or operated a 2.4.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:17 PM
brickwoodward

D, thanks for your help, that sounds like a great option. I’ll look fro the module. In the meantime, I’m pulling what hair I got left out with this radio. I have the manual and iv read through the acro parts several times and I must be missing something? When I got it, my uncle had already set up aileron differential and I left it alone as the plane I had just finished was flat bottom and needed diff. I fumbled my way through the programming and adjusted the up to 120% on both and 15% down. I have no idea how the mix occurred to run both servos? After running the engine about once a month and flexing the servos and keeping the batteries charged, today was perfect for a test flight. Got to the field and hooked the servos up like before and turned it on to check before I put the rubber bands on. Left aileron works like it’s supposed to, right didn’t move. Thought I might have moved the six channel to the wrong one in the past so I switched it from ch 7 to 6. Neither works. When you mix an aux channel for two aileron servos, do you have to mix them on one of the switches or sliders ir knobs first? That’s where I’m stuck. I moved the servo to the working channel 1, and it worked. Could I have a bad channel in the receiver? Thanks, Bill
Old 11-29-2020, 01:29 AM
DGrant

Are you sure you have the correct model selected in the tranny? Just to make sure there. You shouldn't need any switch for aileron mix if it's just for a dual aileron servo set-up,,, which is all you need for the diff mix when you go in to activate/adjust the differential function. Even for a differential mix to adjust travels for what you're talking about you don't need any switch.

I have my manual right handy, and I'll refresh on it, but I'm wondering if you hindered or interfered with the mix somehow... or if it actually was in there, of if you mistook something thinking it was mixed already.

The manual does clearly state for the dual aileron mix CH1 and CH7 are used... with that set you then go to the AIL-DIFF menu and activate and/or adjust the diff mix. That can actually be changed in the tranny to CH1 and CH6, but for what you're doing I'd stick with 1 and 7.

Tell you what, it's on pg47 of the manual.. if you have the manual. If you don't have the manual, I'd be glad to take a pic of that page tomorrow(later today actually, it's past midnight).. and post it up and see how far you get with it. That might be easier then me trying to write everything out, and then we'll take it from there... and I'm sure we can work it out somehow. These aren't like the DX's, in that they don't have the "canned mixes"... but they had other ways to do the same thing though . I'm pretty decent with these, I've had mine a long time, it's just been quite a long time since I've set up a plane in these Futaba's... but it will come to me fairly quick.

It's just very late for me right now, but I'll check back in tomorrow. I'll even take a pic of the back of my tranny where the synth module is... and you'll get an idea of what it is and how to set it.

Also.. I'm not even sure what type of plane you're setting up... I can only guess it's a flat bottom trainer.. since you mentioned rubber bands... but I'm not sure. So what is it?.. and we might be able to just get your ailerons working, and skip the differential... especially if it's a .40 size flat bottom trainer. Those generally fly fine with no diff mix, but that would be up to you.

Last edited by DGrant; 11-29-2020 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:20 AM
brickwoodward

Are you sure you have the correct model selected in the tranny? Just to make sure there. You shouldn't need any switch for aileron mix if it's just for a dual aileron servo set-up,,, which is all you need for the diff mix when you go in to activate/adjust the differential function. Even for a differential mix to adjust travels for what you're talking about you don't need any switch.

I have my manual right handy, and I'll refresh on it, but I'm wondering if you hindered or interfered with the mix somehow... or if it actually was in there, of if you mistook something thinking it was mixed already.

The manual does clearly state for the dual aileron mix CH1 and CH7 are used... with that set you then go to the AIL-DIFF menu and activate and/or adjust the diff mix. That can actually be changed in the tranny to CH1 and CH6, but for what you're doing I'd stick with 1 and 7.

Tell you what, it's on pg47 of the manual.. if you have the manual. If you don't have the manual, I'd be glad to take a pic of that page tomorrow(later today actually, it's past midnight).. and post it up and see how far you get with it. That might be easier then me trying to write everything out, and then we'll take it from there... and I'm sure we can work it out somehow. These aren't like the DX's, in that they don't have the "canned mixes"... but they had other ways to do the same thing though . I'm pretty decent with these, I've had mine a long time, it's just been quite a long time since I've set up a plane in these Futaba's... but it will come to me fairly quick.

It's just very late for me right now, but I'll check back in tomorrow. I'll even take a pic of the back of my tranny where the synth module is... and you'll get an idea of what it is and how to set it.

Also.. I'm not even sure what type of plane you're setting up... I can only guess it's a flat bottom trainer.. since you mentioned rubber bands... but I'm not sure. So what is it?.. and we might be able to just get your ailerons working, and skip the differential... especially if it's a .40 size flat bottom trainer. Those generally fly fine with no diff mix, but that would be up to you.
thank you so much for your help! I’m on page 47 and I have the ailerons plugged in to 1 and 7. When my uncle passed and I brought the radio and manual home, he had it set up for a 1/4 Cub, with differential. I’m just not a Cub person so I transferred it to a one off Stik using an electric Telemaster 48” wing. I got plane number one renamed Stik and found my way to page 47 where I changed the values of differential. It all worked perfect until yesterday. Yep, I still like rubber bands on my sport/fun planes. Yesterday at the field the servo plugged into 1 worked perfect but the one in 7 didn’t. I switched the plugs and 1 still worked and 7 didn’t. It was late last night so I plugged them both in to charge and I’ll try it again today. It’s about 12:20 pm here. If it still doesn’t work I’ll plug some other servos in and see. I guess it’s possible for that channel to stop working, in either unit?? Thanks again, bill
Old 11-29-2020, 09:23 AM
brickwoodward

It weighs 31 ounces dry.

Old 11-29-2020, 09:32 AM
Roo Man

Default Reply

If it were me, I would start from scratch on programming. I would start at the beginning of the manual and keep it simple. No mixes, just basics.

Gary
Old 11-29-2020, 10:28 AM
DGrant

Yeah you don't need any differential on that Stik style plane.
Try another servo into CH7 and see if it works... use process of elimination to troubleshoot it all.

I agree maybe just start over setting up the plane in the radio. A sport/trainer like that doesn't need any sophisticated mixing whatsoever to fly well. Even if you have differential you wouldn't even know it...especially if you've never flown it. Don't make it so difficult for yourself.
So just to make sure, that plane does have 2 aileron servos (one each side) right?...

Those types of planes are fun too... get it set up correctly and don't forget to range check it.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:45 AM
brickwoodward

If it were me, I would start from scratch on programming. I would start at the beginning of the manual and keep it simple. No mixes, just basics.

Gary
thanks Roo, that’s on my list when all else fails? After I charge the batteries I’ll try again, and go from there.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:55 AM
brickwoodward

Try another servo into CH7 and see if it works... use process of elimination to troubleshoot it all.

I agree maybe just start over setting up the plane in the radio. A sport/trainer like that doesn't need any sophisticated mixing whatsoever to fly well. Even if you have differential you wouldn't even know it...especially if you've never flown it. Don't make it so difficult for yourself.
So just to make sure, that plane does have 2 aileron servos (one each side) right?...

Those types of planes are fun too... get it set up correctly and don't forget to range check it.
after I charge the batteries I’ll check channel 7 again. I’ve flown flat bottom with differential since my second airplane in 79. They’re just so much more responsive for my liking. Pre computer, we used mechanical for differential and elevens on those deltas that were popular in the 80’s. I’ve had two hot wires I cut foam wings with over the years to make unique flying planes. I used a NASA Super Critical airfoil from their family to make a Quickie 500 V tail.
thanks so much for your help, it means a lot to have folks out there to help. I’ve provided a ton of help to newbies with their first kit and all the way to test fly and solo.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:57 AM
brickwoodward

after I charge the batteries I’ll check channel 7 again. Yep, two servos. I’ve flown flat bottom with differential since my second airplane in 79. They’re just so much more responsive for my liking. Pre computer, we used mechanical for differential and elevens on those deltas that were popular in the 80’s. I’ve had two hot wires I cut foam wings with over the years to make unique flying planes. I used a NASA Super Critical airfoil from their family to make a Quickie 500 V tail.
thanks so much for your help, it means a lot to have folks out there to help. I’ve provided a ton of help to newbies with their first kit and all the way to test fly and solo.
Old 11-29-2020, 12:28 PM
brickwoodward

after I charge the batteries I’ll check channel 7 again. Yep, two servos. I’ve flown flat bottom with differential since my second airplane in 79. They’re just so much more responsive for my liking. Pre computer, we used mechanical for differential and elevens on those deltas that were popular in the 80’s. I’ve had two hot wires I cut foam wings with over the years to make unique flying planes. I used a NASA Super Critical airfoil from their family to make a Quickie 500 V tail.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:44 PM
DGrant

Very cool. Post up what you find out. Sounds like you're almost as old as I am. I've been fortunate to stay up with the hobby and graduate into many aspects, and build dozens of models.. we only had 6 channels that were ID'd by color... servo reversing didn't exist, our linkage/throws/mix was all mechanical, anything with more then 4 channels was very rare..as were rechargable ni-cad batteries very rare. If you wanted a nice plane you built it. If you couldn't build, you tried until you got it right.. haha....etc.. etc..

Welcome back into the hobby... there's not a thing wrong with all the classic set-ups, and that's what make it fun if you're into it. There's no reason why you can't do similar things now that you did back then. Don't listen to those that say "you have to use 2.4ghz..".. the old stuff if it's in good shape works fine... and your experience will kick in and you'll do fine with whatever you have at hand.

I've been able to progress now to giant scale, 40%-42% IMAC style planes, and have enjoyed the competitions for the last few years, and look forward to many more, but I definitely admire the older classics, and still own several smaller planes that I built from that long ago... but it was those long ago planes that taught me about todays technology. It's all good.

So yeah.. post up what you figure out... and get that plane ready.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:29 AM
brickwoodward

Very cool. Post up what you find out. Sounds like you're almost as old as I am. I've been fortunate to stay up with the hobby and graduate into many aspects, and build dozens of models.. we only had 6 channels that were ID'd by color... servo reversing didn't exist, our linkage/throws/mix was all mechanical, anything with more then 4 channels was very rare..as were rechargable ni-cad batteries very rare. If you wanted a nice plane you built it. If you couldn't build, you tried until you got it right.. haha....etc.. etc..

Welcome back into the hobby... there's not a thing wrong with all the classic set-ups, and that's what make it fun if you're into it. There's no reason why you can't do similar things now that you did back then. Don't listen to those that say "you have to use 2.4ghz..".. the old stuff if it's in good shape works fine... and your experience will kick in and you'll do fine with whatever you have at hand.

I've been able to progress now to giant scale, 40%-42% IMAC style planes, and have enjoyed the competitions for the last few years, and look forward to many more, but I definitely admire the older classics, and still own several smaller planes that I built from that long ago... but it was those long ago planes that taught me about todays technology. It's all good.

So yeah.. post up what you figure out... and get that plane ready.
DGrant, thanks for your patience! I’m 74 and going to enjoy a whole lot more flying, I hope.

I sat last night with the manual and tried everything to get a response out of channel 7. Gave up, put both servos on a Y and went back to zero. Then adjusted linkages to zero and as soon as we get a reasonable day, I’ll go test it.

i built a great planes Extra 300 with a 70 surpass in it and fell in love with that platform. I dont know if I’ll ever get a bigger gasser, but I’m going to save my sheckles and see what I can do. I love shooting and do my own reloading and I have two long shotguns I’m going to sell so maybe it will happen sooner??

best to you and yours, I’ll keep you posted on a test flight, bill

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.