Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Joining tank section

Old 11-29-2020, 07:06 AM
ronnie42

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Joining tank section

Hi all is it ok to join , had an issue on the RCTW. On a ban now.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:11 AM
bowlman

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Welcome to the Forum
Old 11-29-2020, 10:07 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Welcome aboard. I was known as Max-U52 before Mick and Herman turned RCTW into a little boys' club.

So how did you get on their bad side?
Old 11-29-2020, 01:19 PM
ronnie42

Buy asking awkward questions, and a fall out with Rad , told me i was a simpleton when i had trouble with a new TX16s . Steep learning curve compared to Spectrum . Warning from Herman after i made a comment. Posted up the warning on discussions board and my reply to it explaining why, banned shortly after with post taken down . They would make a good lynching party.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:41 PM
lposter

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

I got banned for asking what were the rules of a tank of the month contest. By someone called Jackolope.

I can live with that but then he deleted every post I made over the years and every picture, some of which i didnt have copies of.

That was a low blow. But its water under the bridge.

Its more peaceful over here.

p
Old 11-29-2020, 01:58 PM
ronnie42

Hi Iposter i asked about the TOM contest when i first joined, why is it that you could submit when it was not all your own work. Its fortunate that i have a copy of all my tank build photos. Need to get my head around posting up builds and showing little video clips as this has a different layout.
Old 11-29-2020, 05:03 PM
vollenc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is RCTW?
Old 11-29-2020, 05:20 PM
bowlman

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by vollenc
What is RCTW?
its this RC Tank Warfare Forum
Old 11-29-2020, 05:23 PM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by vollenc
What is RCTW?
RCTank Warfare is a UK based Forum with a worldwide membership similar to RCU except if you try to rock the boat you get a private message and then a ban.
I just asked a question on that site about how can Moderators be removed, (Moderators are the people with the unelected power to ban members)
I have no idea what will happen but I shall not be surprised if my question gets deleted..

Last edited by jarndice; 11-29-2020 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:52 PM
tankme

Received 205 Likes on 167 Posts

Yeah Ronnie I had been following your build over there and now all the pics and videos of it are gone. I typically don't post pics there because it's such a pain in the rear end to post here one way and there another.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:06 PM
Rad_Schuhart

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Hi Ronnie, first of all I am really sorry you got banned there.
As some of you already well know I am against some of the mods job and I have also been menaced several times by the same mod meanwhile with others mods I never had any problem or warning and are completelly fine. I also agree with the thread that Jarndice just opened there and I do believe the mods should either rotate or either have some sort of reputation system or just elections after some years at the very least.

Said that, I never said you are a "simpleton" or anything like that, the post is still open and everybody can see it.
And yes, also I saw that thread you opened and got deleted but I did not want to enter in any useless fight that leads to noting. Firstly because there was no reason, secondly for keeping the good mood of the forum and thirdly for avoiding being banned like I saw it was going to happen.

Anyway be positive, try to forget the past and focus in enjoying the hobby. It is not worth it.

Last edited by Rad_Schuhart; 11-30-2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:33 PM
lposter

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jarndice
if you try to rock the boat you get a private message and then a ban.
1. Asking what the rules are for a competition being started up is not rocking the boat in my book.
2. You dont always get the message...you just stop being able to log in and then notice all your posts are gone.

What toasted my flakes at the time (and it is a long time ago) was that the "moderator" (who doesnt even post there any more) was obviously not sure what they were doing and a few more were banned at the same time for similar reasons. Then there was a kerfuffle where the "moderator" (Jackalope) decided (or someone decided for him) that everyone who was banned in that incident could come back - but what was there to come back to ? All posts deleted, all pictures gone.

So the outcome was that some long standing members got banned for asking what were the rules of the competition they were asking people to enter by a "moderator" who now doesn't even post there. I guess thats how you keep a forum alive and not "going over to facebook" these days.

But its their site and they can run it as they wish.

p

Old 11-30-2020, 07:26 AM
Crius

I didn't even get the message first, I just got the ban when I made a post that said it was a real shame that such Petty people were in a position of power. Then I kind of felt guilty about that so I went and took that post down, but it was too late, about two minutes after that I was told that my username and IP address has been banned permanently. There was talk about a Minor suspension and then I would be able to come back but I told them to stick it. It's a little boys club. I come here to learn about this Hobby and talk to other hobby enthusiasts about this hobby, I'm not trying to join a little boys club or enter a popularity contest. Rctw used to be a really great forum and I called it my home, but two individuals that were appointed as moderators have ruined things for everyone. I would estimate that Mick and Herman are responsible for 80% of the people that have been banned since Mick became a moderator. My mistake was to get in an argument with Mick right before he was made a moderator so after that all he was doing was biding his time and laying in wait until he found a little excuse to ban me for. I've been told I can go back if I want to but like I said, they can stick it where the sun don't shine. I don't need that childish crap.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:12 PM
Anubizz

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its like a ban galore over there, even-trough I cannot said that I always 100% agree with Crius, I always great-full with all his advice, and I am surprise that he suddenly get the Ban hammer, whats the point of having a hobby forum if you cannot have and discussion without the fear of ban hammer.
Old 12-01-2020, 06:56 AM
tankme

Received 205 Likes on 167 Posts

I believe you need 10 posts to post a picture.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:30 AM
Crius

Yes, you have to have 10 posts before you can post a photo or a link. They do that so that guys can't create an account and hit us with a bunch of spam. Not many spammers will create 10 posts before they can get their message across.
Old 12-02-2020, 06:31 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!!
Old 12-07-2020, 02:46 AM
Afrikakorps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Politics aside, as a member of both forums for over 5 years, I have very much enjoyed reading your posts. Sadly missed.
I look forward to reading and seeing more from you all on this site.
Stay Well and Keep Tanking !

Cheers
Afrikakorps
Old 12-07-2020, 04:07 AM
Crius

It just seems a shame that rctw has lost so many fine members because they have a couple of moderators that want to act like little girls.