Notices
Boats - Full Scale Discuss full scale watercraft here

RC Bluestreak electric won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 11:20 AM
crazy charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Bluestreak electric won't shut off

Hi guys,hope im in the correct section.I have a Bluestreak dual motor RC boat which is my first ever RC.Its pretty cool and pretty fast and turns just like real boat.I ran it in salt water so after each use I typically rinse out the hull with fresh water and spray the mechanice down with WD40.The last time I attempted to use it ,the motors engaged as soon as I connected the battery.Fiddled with it a bit and made no progress.There does not seem to be many parts inside the hull.anyone familiar with this type of issue??? Thanks in advance Charlie
Old 02-26-2020, 11:35 PM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Throttle trim?
Old 02-27-2020, 09:13 AM
crazy charlie

Originally Posted by Big Alice
Throttle trim?
Thanks however I dont know exactly what that is???
Old 02-27-2020, 11:06 AM
Big Alice

There should be a couple small knobs on your transmitter marked tr and st. The st centers your steering and the tr one centers the throttle. sounds like the throttle one got bumped and maybe turned slightly. probably needs to be turned cc a little. If you have a stick radio there's a slider or button by the throttle lever. Could be something else but it sounds like you're throttle trim is off a bit.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:55 AM
crazy charlie

Hmmmmm,i don t see much on my remote outside of an on/off switch in the center and a joystick on each side.Left joystick is up and down throttle and is not centered.Right joystick goes left or right or middle which is steering and thats it.The way my boat works is with battery in place and on/off switch on boat in on position and remote to on position the boat motors do not engage until props are submerged and throttle/josstick is pushed up/fwd .Problem is that as soon as boat battery is connected the motors are engaging regaqrdless of remote being on or not.
Old 02-28-2020, 02:34 PM
Big Alice

There should be a little lever or set of buttons beside the throttle on the radio. Should be the same thing beside the steering. If your radio doesn't have a way to center the steering and throttle I don't know what to tell you. Do you have the directions for your radio? That might mention something about what you're experiencing.