Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Demand for model diesel fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 05:15 PM
maxtenet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you type in "ether" on amazon, there seem to be a number of different types available. Are they all acceptable or are there differences between the different offerings? They have a liter of petroleum ether for 48 bucks with free shipping, for example. Is this the right stuff? I could mix a good bit of fuel with that.

Max
Old 12-06-2020, 06:27 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

You need diethyl ether.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:05 PM
bridant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John Deere Premium 80% Premium Ether Starting Fluid works great as an ignition booster for model diesel engines. I use it to rejuvenate the commercial model diesel fuel I had bought from Davis Diesel some years ago. You can only get it from a John Deere retail store. I am lucky enough to live in an area where there is one! I have have Frog, DC, Mills, Oliver(replica) and some Indian engines.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:39 AM
wheelerdan1324

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by bridant
John Deere Premium 80% Premium Ether Starting Fluid works great as an ignition booster for model diesel engines. I use it to rejuvenate the commercial model diesel fuel I had bought from Davis Diesel some years ago. You can only get it from a John Deere retail store. I am lucky enough to live in an area where there is one! I have have Frog, DC, Mills, Oliver(replica) and some Indian engines.
Thanks for all of the dialog on this topic. I am starting a new thread about diesel fuel for E.D by West engines. They use a different formula. want to share about then. Check new thread. Wheelerdan.

BTW Diesel Dan, that is what peopel call me at my local RC club.