Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 14SG "Japan" , US software update ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 01:05 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Futaba 14SG "Japan" , US software update ?

I purchased a used 14SG no knowing that is identified as "Japan" rather than US or North America on the radio info page . Is there a difference in software updates between US and Japan ? Can this radio legally be used in the US ?
Old 02-27-2020, 01:20 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Look on the back of the TX for an FCC ID label. US updates may work, or you may need to do the English language version from the Futaba Japan site. First thing is to verify FCC ID label. If it does not have one then it is technically not legal to use in the US. However, it is unlikely anyone will check. But lacking a label means that Futaba USA will not be able to perform any service that you may need.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:25 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Is there a difference in transmission power between the 2 ?
Old 02-28-2020, 06:41 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Not sure. But it does not matter because if it does not have an FCC ID label on it you cannot legally use it in the US. It cannot be serviced by any US-based service location either.