Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

TopRc Voyager build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TopRc Voyager build

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 11:04 AM
BeyondXtream

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sysiek
I’m pretty sure that the toprc is going to help me with this problem, I have talked to Mike from gator rc and the steps to make it work are taken, he is a great guy to deal with and I’m pretty sure that he is going to help me with this, the biggest problem at this moment is the shipping from China and cost of the container shipping .
Hi Sysiek,

In my opinion . . . shipping costs wouldn't be "my problem". . . .it's a quality-issue . . . dealer and manufacturer should pick-up that bill for you.
If they recon the quality-issue and they offer a solution (because you as customer did not cause the issue) then it would be no more then fair, that they also find (their) solution on shipping-costst. Once again . . . it's not a problem you as paying customer had any part in.

But as I said . .. good news they arer looking into the matter.

Regards,
Rick
Old 08-22-2021, 11:10 AM
BeyondXtream

Originally Posted by klaasgesk
Transportation costs have increased tremendously (Here Europe-China) and prices will seriously go up for all china imported models. I could still get the regular price for my toprc voyager (In stock). Our european dealer has already announced that prices will increase by 1000 euros which will bring prices a lot closer to european brands. So if issues persist on chinese models or are of lower quality I believe in a near future China will export less.
"Scary forecast". . . . . let us first see what happens . . . . the world is not coming to it's end . . . . I don't think anyone will out-price himself out of the market.

And don't forget al lot of "European" and "USA" brands are manufactured in China, Thaiwan, Vietnam . . . . Of course there will always be a market, a customer for models starting at euro/dollar 10.0000/15.0000 and up. . . . .

just my 2cnts
Old 08-22-2021, 11:23 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Old 08-22-2021, 11:24 AM
klaasgesk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have chinese and other jets like carf models (Produced in Thailand but with a german mindset). These are two different worlds in terms of quality achievement. Carf models are far better quality and of course prices are higher. That said if the price gap is becoming seriously narrower, no Doubt I'll stick with carf.
My first jet was a chinese viper jet in pnp version. Only needed a radio, receiver and install the turbine. Believe me, I had to fix many things before I believe it could fly safely. I remember even servo cables were wrongly connected but that's what you get at lower prices. Of course, if you only buy the kit with all (better equipement) apart then it's less obvious.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:24 AM
sysiek

Posted the video , this will show better than pictures.
Old 08-22-2021, 03:37 PM
Desert Fox 1

Received 180 Likes on 144 Posts

Cheers!
Desert Fox 1
The following users liked this post:
Fighting Falcon (09-15-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 08:15 AM
erodios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello every one, so i ordered one TopRC Voyager last week but saddly i cant find the stock retracts anywhere so i am thinking of buying one set from Electron Retracts. I would be very thankful if anyone could tell me the diameter of the the wheel and the length of the struts that i should get for this airplane.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:55 AM
klaasgesk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erodios
Hello every one, so i ordered one TopRC Voyager last week but saddly i cant find the stock retracts anywhere so i am thinking of buying one set from Electron Retracts. I would be very thankful if anyone could tell me the diameter of the the wheel and the length of the struts that i should get for this airplane.
Hi,
Have a look at Rick's previous comments. The information you're looking for is there.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:10 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Deleted for redundancy.

Last edited by highhorse; 08-23-2021 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-23-2021, 09:18 AM
highhorse

Originally Posted by BeyondXtream
I would widen my horizon for more info . . . otherwise you will never buy anything . . . . there will always be one example of a bad item . . . . .

if this isssue (what really is a problem!) is just 1% failure upon 100% build/sold models . . . it still is an issue . . . but not a general failure of any manufacturere . . . . I think :-)
Research the Relevant threads. This isn’t the only TopRC jet with this problem, and this isn’t the only TopRC problem.

The telling factor and the only thing that could change my mind is if the factory and dealer step in BIG and help out with new parts now. Not just some day when a container is available and shipping is therefore cheaper…Also note that this isn’t a small issue. It’s a near fatal one. If the jet had been totaled and the evidence even a bit ambiguous then the customer would likely have lost a lot of expensive parts as well as the airframe, through no fault of his own, while many if not most blamed the pilot.

Old 08-28-2021, 05:08 AM
VOOODOOO

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Love my Voyager

Hey guys,

I also finished my Voyager some days ago and successfully maidened it last Wednesday. Here's my specs:

FrSky X20S with 2x R8Pro and 1x R9SX
Swiwin SW220B
FrSky Xact 5404 Servos on all surfaces
AR SmoothFlite 26
Original TopRC Landing Gear incl. Controller
4L FuelBag
Afterburner Ring by Zavionix
Nose Light from SureFire

Here are some Build Pics:

Old 08-28-2021, 05:11 AM
VOOODOOO

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Here I want to share the Maiden Flight Video of the Voyager:

Old 09-05-2021, 01:54 PM
sysiek

Old 09-05-2021, 04:21 PM
sysiek

So back to fixing brand new jet and modified the very pot craftsmanship, so I glued the reinforcement blocks on the bottom flap skin and changing the horns to be inside the flaps for better geometry , I hope that this will make the jet usable at least for the colder days, this is definitely not a summer jet 15 minutes of sunlight exposure could ended up badly, I never received a message or information about my new wings or whatever they planning to do with this definition manufacture pot craftsmanship 🤬

Last edited by sysiek; 09-05-2021 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:20 PM
highhorse

Thanks for showing us your troubles. Your sharing will save others much pain. As I said before, I was looking forward to a purchase from this company but will keep my money now that I have seen this.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:49 AM
BeyondXtream

Originally Posted by highhorse
Thanks for showing us your troubles. Your sharing will save others much pain. As I said before, I was looking forward to a purchase from this company but will keep my money now that I have seen this.
What do you have flyable in your hangar these days HighHorse??
Old 09-07-2021, 09:44 AM
highhorse

Is that in some way relevant to this thread, or are you perhaps in some fan-boy fashion trying to create a distraction from the TopRC woes herein? You know…those posts where the man’s expensive jet literally won’t stay glued together in warm weather and he hasn’t heard from the mfr regarding a solution?

Old 09-07-2021, 06:16 PM
sysiek

So this is the result of fixing the wing and modified the flaps, going to road 66 jets let’s see what happens, scary stuff, so the top rc never reached out to me knowing the problem .

Last edited by sysiek; 09-07-2021 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:15 PM
F900

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

So to be clear, TopRC are aware of the problem? or they just never bothered calling you back after you told them about the wing issue?
Old 09-07-2021, 08:20 PM
sysiek

I presented the problem to the dealer gator rc and explained what exactly happened to the wings and I was told that I deserve a new wings but after that I never received a solid answer from the dealer or the manufacturer they supposed to stop making the blue angels version like this supposed help me?
Old 09-07-2021, 11:23 PM
BeyondXtream

Is that in some way relevant to this thread, or are you perhaps in some fan-boy fashion trying to create a distraction from the TopRC woes herein? You know…those posts where the man’s expensive jet literally won’t stay glued together in warm weather and he hasn’t heard from the mfr regarding a solution?
Hahha you are even smarter then I could foresee. And yes you do live up to your name "highhorse".
I tried to figure out what your contribution is to this Voyager thread, but I can't find any Seems to me, you are more a "writer, commentator" (2321 posts) then you are a builder or flyer hahahaha

Chill regards
Old 09-07-2021, 11:28 PM
BeyondXtream

Originally Posted by sysiek
I presented the problem to the dealer gator rc and explained what exactly happened to the wings and I was told that I deserve a new wings but after that I never received a solid answer from the dealer or the manufacturer they supposed to stop making the blue angels version like this supposed help me?

Hi Sysiek,

It looked you had a good contact to your dealer, getting faith to get some attention to the wing-problems. But now it seems all stay quiet.
Can't you motivate GatorRC to help out. If it was my dealer in the Netherlands or Germany, I would wake them up to pick-up the issue.

I think they should help . . you are a customer . . . you have made a purchage . . . the wings have issues . . . it's quality related . . . . so you should count on some cooperation from the dealer/manufacturer.

Stay save with your jet, to much value to loose in flight.

Best regards,
Rick
Old 09-08-2021, 06:12 AM
sysiek

I think that one of the ideas was to replace my blue angels jet to the thunder bird but this ended up with just talking about it and I really don’t like that color and there’s so much work to transfer all the stuff and the deal was not solid so probably waiting for a new wings will be more realistic and very long because of the container problems and shipping cost the manufacturer has problems with making the models, I don’t blame the dealer we talked about the wings problem and I know I he could help me right away he will do that, the problem is right there in China and shipping, I think that everything will work out good just needed to wait until the China problems will get back on track.

Last edited by sysiek; 09-08-2021 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:55 AM
highhorse

Hahha you are even smarter then I could foresee. And yes you do live up to your name "highhorse".
I tried to figure out what your contribution is to this Voyager thread, but I can't find any Seems to me, you are more a "writer, commentator" (2321 posts) then you are a builder or flyer hahahaha

Chill regards
Classic and transparent post…resorting to irrelevant personal attacks upon a fellow RCU member (since 2006) with whom you happen to disagree is a sure sign of one’s inability to defend a position on merit.

Even if everything you posted above were true (it isn’t) or relevant (it isn’t), your commentary would still have zero bearing on the dilemma of TopRC’s apparent quality issues as illustrated here and elsewhere.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:41 AM
BeyondXtream

Classic and transparent post…resorting to irrelevant personal attacks upon a fellow RCU member (since 2006) with whom you happen to disagree is a sure sign of one’s inability to defend a position on merit.

Even if everything you posted above were true (it isn’t) or relevant (it isn’t), your commentary would still have zero bearing on the dilemma of TopRC’s apparent quality issues as illustrated here and elsewhere.
Hahaha Cheers, and thank you, you are so predictable hahhahaha.
Have a good day.

Kind regards,
Rick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.