Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

1:5.5 Mig 29 Super Scale Interest

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

1:5.5 Mig 29 Super Scale Interest

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 02:10 AM
lavi rider
My Feedback: (6)

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I’d say pissing contest is over as far as I’m concerned .

Old 10-30-2020, 10:28 AM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Well this went off topic pretty quickly???

I would be interested as well in regards to the RusJet MiG 29 as I was also under the impression they would never sell them.

Regards,
The following users liked this post:
Chris Nicastro (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 12:10 PM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lavi wow you built a seat, good boy that’s cute. And you’ve got an unfinished F18 in your shed (like most people). Then you send a photo of an old photo of a CARF Mig 29, I have 50 flights my CARF Mig (see pic). I flew it a month ago and could fly it tomorrow.
Is that the best you’ve got from from a career in superscale bud??
We could piss all day but do it via PM if you want. Otherwise I’m on the block button for you.
And to Spencer, yes this thread is off topic and I apologise for my part in that.

Last edited by Levi Wags; 10-30-2020 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:31 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Levi Wags
Hey Chris. Mate are you sure you had a Rusjet Mig? Over 3M long? I contacted RusJet last year to see if they would supply me a kit but they said they only make the models for themselves and will never sell them or supply anyone. If yours was definitely a RusJet Mig I’m keen to hear some more details.
Cheers
Levi
No not the RusJet, the smaller one that was distributed through Mark in the UK, UKR Jets or GBR Jets? It’s been a few years I got it new but second hand. He had a similar name I think but as soon as I saw your question I remembered it was not RusJet. That Mig is on a whole other level for sure.
I was in contact with the model maker for a about a year through emails and by now that must have been close to 10 years ago. I have the info saved somewhere, not that it matters, but this guy can make a super scale Mig. I guess it helps when you work for Mig and have full access!

My point is, to the OP question, high fidelity, quality and craftsmanship never go out of style. If you can deliver a very nice Mig 29 AND customer support/service, then it will work out for you. First and foremost this is a small business venture and if you treat it as such it will succeed. If you’re a hobbyist playing at business it will most likely not succeed.

Last edited by Chris Nicastro; 10-30-2020 at 01:44 PM.
Levi Wags (10-30-2020)
Old 10-31-2020, 10:19 PM
lavi rider

Originally Posted by Levi Wags
Lavi wow you built a seat, good boy that’s cute. And you’ve got an unfinished F18 in your shed (like most people). Then you send a photo of an old photo of a CARF Mig 29, I have 50 flights my CARF Mig (see pic). I flew it a month ago and could fly it tomorrow.
Is that the best you’ve got from from a career in superscale bud??
We could piss all day but do it via PM if you want. Otherwise I’m on the block button for you.
And to Spencer, yes this thread is off topic and I apologise for my part in that.

not going to ...
my point was and still is that Skymaster isn’t a company who produce competition scale models . No matter what I built .. and I only posted some tiny bit of my work over the years just because you asked me too ... not that I had to too prove my point ..
i care less how many flights you got on your model .. but okay .

Your mig looks fine , hope u enjoy it for many years to come ... not being negative about everything at all ... it’s just facts . A discussion , you’re welcome to prove me wrong . It seems from your reply that actually you’re the one who can’t accept when something is in contradiction to your opinion and you use a violent language when it happens ... not a gentleman’s way I would say .

Have a a blessed day Levi ...
Old 10-31-2020, 10:50 PM
lavi rider

Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro
No not the RusJet, the smaller one that was distributed through Mark in the UK, UKR Jets or GBR Jets? It’s been a few years I got it new but second hand. He had a similar name I think but as soon as I saw your question I remembered it was not RusJet. That Mig is on a whole other level for sure.
I was in contact with the model maker for a about a year through emails and by now that must have been close to 10 years ago. I have the info saved somewhere, not that it matters, but this guy can make a super scale Mig. I guess it helps when you work for Mig and have full access!

My point is, to the OP question, high fidelity, quality and craftsmanship never go out of style. If you can deliver a very nice Mig 29 AND customer support/service, then it will work out for you. First and foremost this is a small business venture and if you treat it as such it will succeed. If you’re a hobbyist playing at business it will most likely not succeed.
Hello Chris
like you there are several others who would love if Andreas would reproduce the 1/6 Mig again ..
i know at least two individuals who have an unfinished kit still in the build process..

What you describe is a very nice 1/7 scale Mig that was produced in the time by Ukrainian jets ..

Unfortunately as I heard , Vitally Robertus ( the gentleman behind Rus Jet ) is not willing to produce/ sell another Mig 29 to customers beside his WJM competition team yet .

Try to find a CRAF / Fiberclassics Mig 29 for sale on the various RC forums ... sometimes these show up here and there ... patience 👍👍
Old 10-31-2020, 11:08 PM
lavi rider

Default Mig shots

Old 10-31-2020, 11:14 PM
lavi rider

Default A few others ..last ones 😊

Rear panel behind the seat is not secured , cockpit is in place but not secured in place for servicing the models’ batteries at the moment ... just for taking the picture .

Last edited by lavi rider; 10-31-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:27 AM
Halcyon66

Seriously can we get over the pi$$ing complex between you two clowns and stick to the thread.

Take it elsewhere.

Regards,

The following 2 users liked this post by Halcyon66:
Pondus (11-04-2020), Ron S (11-03-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 04:48 AM
lavi rider

Default P con

🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍
Old 11-01-2020, 06:57 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

what im thinking....

yeahbaby (11-01-2020)
Old 11-01-2020, 07:56 AM
lavi rider

Now , now .... I’m prettier 🤣
Old 11-01-2020, 12:06 PM
Chris Nicastro

Levi, I have a new CARF Mig 29 and Matrix Machine gear that’s why I can compare the two Migs first hand but I can’t remember the guys name that made the model for Mikoyan. I was trying to get a set of his pylons so they matched the model but that proved too costly and the language barrier was making it tough to get it done. If I find my old photos I’ll post them.

I think there’s a market for a big scale Mig 29/UB, the two seater has really nice lines and proportions.

Where’s Peter Coers! We need him on this project!

Old 11-01-2020, 01:07 PM
Halcyon66

Levi, I have a new CARF Mig 29 and Matrix Machine gear that’s why I can compare the two Migs first hand but I can’t remember the guys name that made the model for Mikoyan. I was trying to get a set of his pylons so they matched the model but that proved too costly and the language barrier was making it tough to get it done. If I find my old photos I’ll post them.

I think there’s a market for a big scale Mig 29/UB, the two seater has really nice lines and proportions.

++

1/4 MiG-29 UB would be a daddy.

I am going over a lot of CAD stuff I have on the MiG, it has been something I have been looking at for a while.

As in another thread I have 2 potential build projects for the coming yr, the UB is one the other is a long nose Hawk.

Still undecided.

Regards,

Old 11-01-2020, 10:06 PM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chris interesting info mate thanks. I didn’t know the smaller Mig existed, I’ll check it out.
Yes Peter Coers is a magician. If he put even half the detail of his F16 into a Mig it would be a winner.
Chris Nicastro (11-03-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 06:12 AM
MaHo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was ist this one?!
Old 11-03-2020, 06:17 AM
MaHo

Maybe talk to Sebart
Old 11-03-2020, 06:23 AM
MaHo

I think this was a other supplier of a Mig kit.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:19 AM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Lavi rider just confirmed he’s never been laid. 😂
Your models are really nice btw👍😉
Old 11-03-2020, 12:14 PM
Halcyon66

That MiG was from http://ukr-jet.com.ua/ i think.

Around 2005.

Regards,

Old 11-03-2020, 05:13 PM
Chris Nicastro

That’s the one, it was a Mig 29 9-13. The hump on the back was there for extra fuel for longer range. In my opinion it messes up the nice lines of the regular 9-12 model. Yeah there was a big to do about that model and it being copied so it was shut down. That’s the risk when you produce such a nice model. You have to see the surface detail in person to understand how next level this model was. The other issue I had with that jet was it’s size was small and inside it’s very tight. The gear is very basic and fragile looking too but the wheels and tires are spot on scale. I regret selling it just because of the craftsmanship!

1/6 scale and up would be ideal for sure.

This UKR Jets Mig is a perfect hobby industry story and should be understood by people embarking on a new jet production project. Just assume it will be copied and move fast!
Old 11-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Halcyon66

Small run <10 and super scale, you would have a loyal base that would reduce the chances of being copied.

If you doing this to make money, don't go down the rabbit hole.

If your doing it for ego, don't go down the rabbit hole.

Don't underestimate what you could be getting yourself into, look at the forums many have gone before you.

If you want to cover your costs and have some $$ left over to make the next one, go for it.

Regards,

Old 11-27-2020, 06:47 AM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Any additional planning or thoughts on this Spencer?
And Halcyon, are your recent pics here of a MiG-35?? Who makes those??
Old 11-27-2020, 10:28 AM
Halcyon66

It was a MiG 29 from around 2005.

Regards,
Old 11-27-2020, 12:22 PM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Halcyon66: yeah I am seeking a project like this just to learn and have something that looks and flies great. If I can recoup my costs- great but it’s not a requisite. I enjoy the engineering challenges and would like to compete with it eventually.

Ron: I am going to take it slow. I have many projects ahead of it but I want to start planning and doing the Cad work while I’m at work sitting in a hotel room. This is 80% of the work producing something like this... if I can get the project done in CAD and then 3D print the plug/ parts/ prototype gear it will go pretty quick from there. Next step is to go spend some time with the real one and get some measurements and info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.